Discover where complex meets meaningful as a Business Development Representative in our Advisory Services team. You will be part of a team that combines subject matter and technical expertise with business understanding, providing our clients with the insights to build next generation IT services and operating models.
Help tackle once-in-a-generation challenges across the public and private sector. Work alongside clients as we shape the future of how fundamental technologies connect and transform the user experience in the UK.
CGI was voted ‘Best Workplace’ by Great Place To Work in 2021, and offers a competitive salary, excellent pension, private healthcare, plus a share scheme (3% + 3% matching) which makes you a member, not just an employee.
CGI is searching for a high impact, driven and highly networked Business Development Representative to come on board to strengthen the business development engine. This is a pivotal role, with the primary objective of driving business growth and executing on CGI’s future vision. Your remit will be to grow the pipeline of Managed IT and Advisory Services opportunities both by working in close collaboration with Marketing to qualify inbound leads, and to proactively identify new opportunities and build the pipeline through outbound lead generation against agreed target markets. This diverse and rewarding role will see you join a highly successful, collaborative team that are driving our continued growth in the UK.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work with the Marketing team to receive inbound warm leads, undertaking qualification of these through follow-up outbound contact to the client.
• Identify prospective target organisations in alignment with the defined business development strategy, advancing prospects to opportunities
• Pass all qualified opportunities to the relevant Business Consulting Directors who will take the opportunity forward.
• Use multiple channels to engage with the addressable market, promoting CGI service offerings and experience.
• Monitor framework and procurement portals for new procurement opportunities, passing qualified opportunities to the relevant Director.
• Leverage existing network to recommend CGI services and provide warm introductions to potential client stakeholders.
• Support the wider team through attendance and input to industry and market events (e.g. conferences)
• Develop and maintain appropriate Management Information to support on-going refinement of the process.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Highly driven and creative with the ability to identify and work with a range of clients, understand their needs to qualify potential opportunities aligned to CGI capabilities and offerings.
• Exemplary communication and stakeholder management skills
• Strong in relationship development and ongoing management, both internally and externally.
• Self-starter, who can work effectively in a matrix-management environment
• A proven track record in effective lead generation.
• Ability to balance flair and innovation with the commercial imperative.
Experience and Qualifications
Academic & Professional Qualifications
Degree level qualifications
Demonstrated Skills and Experience
Essential: Demonstrable experience in a business development or lead generation role.
Essential: Ability to work independently and effectively manage workload and time
Desirable: Experience using business development and/or marketing toolsets
- Business Analysis
- Business Model Development
- Management Consulting
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.