Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
Are you looking for a unique opportunity with a progressive and growing organization? If so, CGI is actively searching for a Platform Technical Lead to manage the development of system solutions for business and technical initiatives involving our large financial institution clients.
We are currently working with all of the largest financial institutions in Canada and 23 of the top 25 banks in the Americas. CGI owns a comprehensive suite of industry leading products supported by a variety of consulting service offerings. We are in the midst of a multi-million dollar investment in transforming and growing our products, services and clients.
The selected candidate will report directly to the Engineering Director managing the team within our Global Wealth team and will take ownership on how we build our advanced and innovative solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing and managing the development of wealth management applications
• Plan, direct and coordinate daily activities of a team of developers for assigned projects
• Provide technical problem solving / technical analysis skills to the team though coaching and mentoring activities
• Act as a resource for software developers on policies, procedures, design concepts and technical issues
• You will be part of a team creating/maintaining services and applications using the latest technologies.
• You will develop and support highly scalable, high performance APIs within a development team
• Understand the necessity of, and contribute to, development standards and processes
• Maintain and enhance existing software to address strategic business development needs to improve the software
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Proficient in managing the development of multi-tier, secure business applications for high availability, scalability and performance
• Proficient understanding of full end-user software management life cycle, including Software Packaging, Quality Assurance, Deployment and Release Management
• Ability to lead drive change within a complex service delivery organization
• Excellent technical problem-solving abilities with successfully implemented solutions
• Solid experience in Oracle database technologies (other RDBMS technologies will also be considered)
• Extensive experience in designing software architecture, SOA, microservices, API management, data modeling.
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines, and DevOps automation ideal.
• Solid understanding of object-oriented analysis, design and development
• Familiar with financial services operations and technology, including major platforms,
technologies, applications, architectures, business models and internal structures
• Financial services background preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organization and leadership skills with the ability to facilitate technical sessions
• Ability to work with geographically distributed development team
- Financial Services
- RESTful (Rest-APIs)
- Solution Analysis
- Solutions Architecture
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.