Here is a superb opportunity to become a member of our CGI Edmonton team and provide information technology services to our clients! We are seeking a Systems Analyst to help our clients solve their business problems via a portfolio of IT projects.
Our diverse team has more than 400 members and our expertise lies in delivering sophisticated projects and application maintenance to our clients. Are you ready for CGI? We are waiting for you!
We offer an exciting corporate environment where you will develop your career in a meaningful way and be part of our hardworking and dedicated team. Reach your full potential thanks to learning materials & training, mentoring & coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback programs and career opportunities!
Our benefits include a share purchase plan, a profit sharing program, wellness credits and flexible schedules that guarantee a good work-life balance.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Updating and testing configurations to a COTS product
• Analyzing and responding to support issues
• Impact and requirements analysis
• Deploying system changes to multiple environments
• Identify and communicate recommendations to Team Lead
• Facilitating demonstrations to clients
• Analyzing and implementing process improvements
• Monitoring servers
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required to be successful in this role:
• Successful graduation from a 2-year diploma program or better in Computer Science/Information Technology
• 3+ years related IT experience
• Experience in analysis, design and maintenance or development of application systems using the technologies described:
• Version Control Software
• Web Services
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills. Comfortable investigating data, documents, and code in order derive solutions
• Ability to balance workload involving new activities and changing priorities
• Work within and contribute to a team environment
• Ability to take ownership over a piece of work and see it through to successful completion
• Develop positive relationships with the client
• Succinctly articulate operational aspects of environment to the client
• Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement, including security, scheduling, load balancing, and resource optimization
• Proficient in interrogating data with SQL and navigating in an Intel environment
• Participated in all aspects of process lifecycle, including: scoping and estimation, requirements and analysis, development and testing, implementation
• Ability to take ownership of a process and improve it with guidance from senior team members
• Ability to effectively write technical, informational or process documentation
Desired experience with one or more of the following tools:
• Transact SQL
• Team Foundation Server
• GIT for version control
• Crystal Reports
• Yellowfin Reporting
• ITSM Ticketing System
• Experience working with COTS Applications (specifically the Amanda tool by the vendor Calytera / Granicus)
- Application Deployment
- Systems Analysis
- Test Case / Script Development
- Web Services
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.