Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers – Be Part of Our Story
If you’re happiest in an agile environment, with complex projects to oversee, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK and at CGI you can help shape it as a Programme Manager with us. Our teams are bursting with talent and ideas, and are ready to help you deliver transformative digital work for high profile clients.
This role sites within our financial services business unit and will see you working with clients on a cutting-edge global programme of work. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we will do the same for you.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As the programme manager you will be required to deliver selected phases of a full lifecycle, global software development programme.
• You will establish and maintain an effective management and leadership structure
• Manage the client relationship at Senior IT and business levels
• Manage and report to senior internal stakeholders
• Oversee the planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting against completion of significant and competing objectives, and all aspects of budgeting
• Ensures that budgets are created and managed effectively, pro-actively challenging and addressing any potential risks and assumptions. Ensures that they are clearly defined, articulated and understood by all stakeholders
• Pro-actively identifies key changes and balances the needs of all stakeholders at the highest levels to gain their engagement and commitment to the business and commercial outcomes. Effectively manages ambiguity and change, and ensures that commitments are fulfilled
• Understands and works within complex commercial parameters, and discuss these when appropriate
• Maintains an up-to-date overview of project status
• Evaluates competing issues and establishes priorities
• Ensure that all designs are delivered on time and reported correctly
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
To be successful in this role you will need to have proven experience of delivering successful multi million pound software development projects.
You will have experience and relish working in a fast-paced environment collaborating with internal and external stakeholders and clients across multiple countries and different time zones. You will demonstrate owning tasks with a focus on completion.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of managing multiple Senior Project Managers and be able to delegate successfully whilst retaining a detailed view of activities In addition, you will need hands on MPP skills, proven success with offshore delivery models and be able to control and forecast the budget on all activities.
- Financial Management
- Programme Management
- Stakeholder & Ext Rel Mgmt
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.