Are you looking for an exciting position with a successful organization? CGI's Payroll Service Center (PSC) is looking for a Communications Support Advisor (Translator-Proofreader!
Located in Montreal, we have been providing Canadian entrepreneurs with cloud-based solutions that simplify payroll and human capital management for over 40 years. Join our diverse team to help local businesses succeed!
What CGI Offers:
• Career opportunities supported by a professional development plan;
• Rewarding relationships with our clients, whose satisfaction rate is very high;
• Work environment recognized as one of the best in the country (Great Place to Work certified);
• Comprehensive insurance coverage;
• Profit participation plan;
• Share purchase plan;
• Employee assistance program;
• Health and wellness program;
• Temporary remote work.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Communications, Marketing, and Client Relations, the candidate will be working in collaboration with the business’s various services in order to deliver communications that are adapted to the target audience. The candidate will be required to proofread and translate (from French to English) documents of various natures, while respecting deadlines, the service’s high standards of quality, and the features specific to the nature of each project.
• Translating, mainly from French to English, various types of documents (client notices, letters, brochures, blog articles, legislative information bulletins, training guides, technological warnings, internal communications, presentations, etc.);
• Initial proofreading of documents in both French and English;
• Final proofreading of content in French and English that was revised or translated by a colleague to ensure a flawless final product;
• Providing linguistic support to the communications consultants and the IT development teams;
• Carrying out terminology research and acting as a linguistics consultant;
• Participating in updating the term base;
• Participating in the coordination of the different steps of a project (initial proofreading, translating, final proofreading, approval/validation, broadcasting);
• On occasion, doing letter mergers using an Excel file and coordinating with the printing centre for printing and mass distribution;
• On occasion, working on the basic layout of presentations or other documents (Microsoft Office);
• Producing certain reports or follow-up tables.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
We are looking for someone proactive, who has a passion for languages. Essential qualities to be successful in this position are attention to detail, team focus and autonomy.
• Bachelor’s degree in translation or in a relevant field;
• A minimum of 3 years of experience translating from French to English in a business setting, ideally in a financial or technological field;
• Excellent linguistics, writing, and translation (French to English) skills;
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office software;
• Knowledge of translation software, an asset (such as SDL Trados);
• An interest in terminology research;
• Thorough and detail-oriented;
• Ability to prioritize and work on a tight schedule in order to meet deadlines;
• Excellent time management and organizational skills;
• Member in a recognized professional order such as OTTIAQ, CAB or ATIO (an asset).
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.