***Open to remote work anywhere in Atlantic Canada***
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and team focus
• Share knowledge and expertise with team
Consulting & Communication
• Provide senior level consulting and advisory services to clients as subject matter expert for
Informatica Power Center ETL and team delivery
• Provide analysis and recommendations for ETL implementation
• Take part in Design Brainstorm & design approval process
• Generate estimates for ODS & Warehouse ETL activities
• Strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Escalate and mitigate risk & issues
• Informatica design & development
• Design & develop highly efficient/high performance ETL mappings/workflows
• Implement industry best practices (e.g. Velocity methodology)
• Strong working knowledge of Oracle DDL / DML and performance tuning strategies.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, changing environment
• Extensive hands-on experience with design, development and deployment of Informatica
ETL’s to/from data warehouse environments
• Experience with data warehousing best practices
• Strong performance tuning experience
• Type 2 dimension loading experience
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Minimum 5 years experience with Informatica Power Center 8.x/9.x
• Minimum 5 years experience with Oracle 10g or higher
• Experience with Oracle SQL (DML & DDL), PL/SQL, packages, stored procedures, triggers
• Expertise in reviewing business requirements, technical requirements documentation
• Expertise in writing high and low level design documentation
• Experience in writing re-usable unit test documents
• Extensive experience with developing, unit testing, break/fix support of Informatica ETL
• Skilled in performance tuning, query plan / explain plan analysis, indexing, table partitioning
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Experience leading technical teams
• Familiarity with use of version control / source code management tools (CVS, Dimensions,
• Full SDLC experience
• Well organized, detail oriented, ability to multi-task
• Excellent time-management, planning and prioritization
• Comfortable working with all project stakeholders (business users, architects, project
managers, business analysts, developers, test analysts, production support team)
• Informatica Power Exchange (for CDC, multi-format records).
• Project management skills
• Experience working with Agile methodology
• Data modeling & star schema data warehouse design
• Experience with HP-ILM (previously known as Quality Center/Test Director)
• Linux / Unix scripting
• Tidal Enterprise Scheduler knowledge
- SQL/PL SQL
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.