As a Spark Engineer you will be part of our talented and international team at CGI Analytics and Hyperautomation. Our mission is to help our clients transform their business with data and this is where your expertise comes into play. This means identifying the challenges, designing solutions, and helping our clients build new insights. In practice, we do this by combining software, machine learning and data engineering with business, data and analytics skills.
CGI ICE – Innovation Center of Exellence
CGI Analytics and Hyperautomation is part of the larger CGI ICE Business Unit, which main focus is to:
1. Advance growth with our global partners and leading customers
- BU ICE actively expedites collaboration with strategic partners and strives commercial activities to segmented clients.
2. Take the Next step with emerging technologies
- We help our customers to grow in market’s high demand technology areas, such as: Hyperautomation, AI and Analytics, Cloud Solutions, and Design as well as proceeds to next evolution phase.
3. Create new services to build future business
- BU ICE acts as a incubator for new services for the whole SBU Finland, Poland & Baltics. In collaboration with CFUs and strategic partners ICE creates new business concepts and deploys them into practice.
4. Strengthen forerunner brands
- With member upskilling, latest technologies and new attractive solutions we strengthen our brand as a chosen partner and as an employer.
You can learn more about our Analytics team at our website https://www.cgi.com/fi/fi/aas.
Our working culture is flexible and we want to promote our members’ well-being by support remote work and flexible working hours. Our team is located in Helsinki and Turku but it is possible for you to work in other locations as well.
We are looking for you who have knowledge in…
• 3+ years work experience as data engineer
• Apache Spark
• Software development skills in Scala or Python
• Experience from Azure, AWS or GCP
• Data modelling and SQL
• Good communication skills in English (Finnish skills are a big advantage) and a customer-oriented attitude
You might have a degree in relevant field such as quantitative discipline. As a colleague, you have excellent teamwork skills and you enjoy both learning from others and sharing your expertise within your team. You are enthusiastic towards Big Data, AI and ML and you possess functional approach to programming. Other nice-to-have is your extensive knowledge in Databricks.
And don't worry, if you don´t fill all the requirements! We believe a good attitude and passion are the keys to success!
What we bring to the table
If building a unique career path is something that you aspire to do, CGI is just the right place for you. Varying projects and career rotation possibilities with the help of our in-house Head Hunting team ensure that you get to work with and develop in what interests you the most. During your CGI journey, nearly 4000 experts will accompany you: there is no technology or field that we don’t know.
In addition to a meaningful job, CGI Academy and our numerous programs, e.g. Cloudeamus, offer you excellent opportunities for educating and evolving in your career. The CGI Storm communities give you the opportunity spar with the other developers. Not to mention the tempting fringe benefits CGI has to offer: you can invest 3 % of your salary to CGI stock, and the company will double your investment. You also have the possibility to use your working hours to doing charity.
Ready to be a member?
Great, because we'd love to hear from you! If you have questions or want to talk more about the position, give Topi Kämäräinen (+358 40 829 7770) or Mikko Hidén (+358 40 489 7194) a call.
Apply for the position no later than 31.10.2021 via our careers website (https://cgi.njoyn.com/CGI/xweb/xweb.asp?page=joblisting&CLID=21001&CountryID=FI) by clicking on the “I'm interested -button at the bottom of the page.
Personal security clearances will be required if the role requires.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.