***Open to remote work anywhere in Atlantic Canada***
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s 43 years of continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Technical Analyst Responsibilities
• Collaborates with the Solution Architect to devise and implement technical solutions
• Formulates and defines scope and objectives pertaining to the technical solution
• Analyzes and revises solution or system logic based on current environment or technology challenges.
• Coordinates with the on-shore/near-shore/off-shore developers for both enhancements and fixing defects
• Works with the Business Analyst to translate business requirements to actionable technical requirements
• Coordinates with the Project Manager to schedule releases, set timing expectations, and communicate status
• Creates or modifies code to resolve problems considering computer equipment (on-premise or cloud) capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results
• Manages and prepares technical deliverables and/or provides input to other deliverables related to the IT service
• Works with the Test Lead to ensure technology and data are relevant for testing in test environments.
• Provides on-going technical support for all related IT deliverables
• Invests time to learn the business to become a trusted Subject Matter Expert
• Expected to participate in ALL aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle, including coding, writing technical documents, release management, and testing, as needed.
(Java development with web applications OR Web Content Management development OR Automated Software Testing)
Development/Integration experience with AWS Cloud applications / databases
Experience with complex data models supporting multi-faceted business processes
Strong software testing methodology experience
Strong Database Management System background and experience with:
Can navigate their way through DBMS Packages/Procedures and Functions
Understand specific SQL concepts beyond basic INSERT, DELETE, SELECT: Such as...
-- understanding Union versus Union All
-- using WITH statements
-- using parameters
-- Outer Joins
-- Case Statements/Decodes
-- database links
Good communication and soft client-facing skills
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
SQL 3+ Strong
Oracle or related DBMS 3+ Strong
AWS Cloud services experience 3+ VERY Strong
SDL Tridion development
JAVA web development
Java Design Patterns
RESTful Web Services
Application server experience, e.g. Tomcat
AWS Cloud services, e.g. secret manager and MemCache 3+
3+ VERY Strong
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
List items desired for the Candidate, but not required (ex: Managerial skills, Team oriented, etc.)
Development Operations experience
Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences experience
Vaccines business area experience
Web Content Management experience with Wordpress
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Sox Compliance 3+ Medium
Pharma System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) 3+ Medium
Development Operations (DevOps) 2+ Medium
HP ALM (App. Lifecycle Mgmt) 1+ Medium
Tricentis Tosca Testsuite 1+ Medium
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.