Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers – Be Part of Our Story
The insurance market is going through a fundamental shift pivoting to digital business models and the use of new technology to achieve that. The use of emerging technologies is now a standard within the industry and there has been huge investment in the InsurTech sector that is driving a new change agenda across both new entrants to the market and the established players.
CGI have been a long established part of the UK insurance market and our team is already at the heart of driving this shift to new business models and creating change within the industry. We are able to leverage our deep industry experience, our long history of doing difficult things well, while also bringing new technology and thinking to the market.
If you love finding innovative solutions to improve complex business challenges and have experience in designing and delivering cloud technologies and approaches to solving them, then we are looking for a Cloud Architect to help make that change happen in the market.
The Cloud Architect delivers a broad range of Solution Architecture and Design services but specialising Cloud and infrastructure technologies, helping clients execute their Roadmap for adoption.
When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you. And the even better news? Our friendly team will keep you inspired and will support you to do what you do best, better.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Contribute specialist Cloud and Infrastructure Architecture knowledge and experience, specifically around Public Cloud Architectures, Containers and Serverless. Expertise on how to best transition from traditional Private/on-premise infrastructure
• Provide leadership on optimisation of PaaS and SaaS services, engineering modern application hosting platforms utilising kubernetes (OCP, K8S, EKS, GKS, AKS) and agile delivery methods
• Deliver client engagements, designing and costing Cloud Architectures and migration projects
• Lead the design and/or deployment of cost-effective Cloud solutions either for stand-alone engagements or as part of larger programme. In addition you will lead the design input to our planned expansion of innovative SaaS and PaaS IP propositions
• Provide input to CGI and Client business plans, change governance and estimation
• Write and communicate proposals at a senior level, setting and managing stakeholder expectations
• Use your comprehensive Cloud experience, techniques and architecture design practices to support engagements
• Expertly define, validate and promote quality solutions for an opportunity, bid or project as required
• Promote the development and re-use of cloud patterns across the solutions and CGI products/ IP
• Demonstrate an awareness of different application architectures and how different cloud architectures may or may not support them
• Demonstrate a detailed understanding of public cloud capabilities, features and services and/or a detailed understanding of infrastructure design
• Provide thought leadership as required across our Technology, Architecture & Delivery practices
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• The successful candidate will offer demonstrable Cloud Architecture and infrastructure design experience
• An in-depth understanding of Private and Public Cloud capabilities (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP) is required, along with the desire to keep this knowledge current
• Certification in Azure (primary) and AWS (secondary) is highly desirable
• You will be comfortable presenting solutions in both written documents and workshop situations, leading and facilitating discussions at a senior level
• Excellent client and stakeholder management skills
• Experience in the design and operation of Cloud migration tools is desirable
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.