Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Become part of a team to help a large government agency support research and statistics efforts that help agency officials make recommendations on reforms. CGI Federal is seeking a Mainframe SQL Developer to convert COBOL code to SAS; DB2 strongly preferred.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Experience in designing and developing applications using COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2, etc.
• Experience in modernization projects using a systems lifecycle approach.
• Experience planning for and conducting implementation activities.
• Experience in ETL, extracting data elements from multiple sources in varied formats.
• Experience in reading COBOL code and translating logic into pseudo-code.
• Experience with SQL and efficiently accessing RDBMSs, such as DB2.
• Experience analyzing data sources and datasets to evaluate and document data content and flows.
• Experience analyzing test data and datasets using automated tools (e.g., SAS, FOCUS, EZTrieve).
• Knowledge of Endevor and the Change Control System to facilitate change management.
• Understanding of Endevor processors and ability to integrate with other utilities such as JCL Check/PrepAble to communicate business goals and requirements to developers.
• Experience with complex programming, debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolving issues.
• Familiarity with project management frameworks.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Master's degree with 8+ years of experience or Bachelor's degree with 14+ years
• Strong experience with Mainframe programming and utilities (e.g. Cobol, JCL, etc.)
• Expert use of SQL, experience with relational databases including MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL and/or DB2.
• Must be able to analyze and understand functional (Requirements) and technical documents (Design, ICD, Manuals etc.).
• Developing test plans, test cases, test data and test summary report for various levels of testing (String, System, Limited Regression, Regression).
• Proficient in statistical and data analyses using SAS functionality implemented on DAP Platform
• Experience with taking business requirements, translating them into technical requirements, and then to convert to Implementable SAS solution.
• Proven experience in developing functional applications and systems of medium to high technical complexity is required
• Must have excellent oral and written communication related to Systems/Data Analysis and Design, and to quickly understand SSA program details and work side-by-side with SSA experts
• Prior/current SSA experience is a plus
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.