This is a unique opportunity to join one of CGI’s World Services Delivery Centre, located in the city of Sherbrooke in the beautiful Eastern Townships region. Our centre has over 275 members and specializes in delivering large projects, applications maintenance and remote services. You will join a dynamic team to work on stimulating projects for our Canadian and international clients.
We are currently enjoying a strong demand increase in the area of business intelligence/data warehousing for delivering services from our offices. In particular in the technological area of data integration using Talend, a great opportunity presents itself for the candidate to contribute to the growth and to assume roles as a developer, analyst or even technical team lead.
• Using the Talend tool, develop and document extract, transform and load (ETL) processes that are robust and modular;
• Uses their expertise to support other team members with their delivery and have them learn in the process;
• Validate functional and technical specifications for their data flows;
• Uncover and resolve data quality or integration issues with creativity and attention to details;
• Design and integrate all components of a complete environment, i.e. scheduling, performance, historical data, etc.;
• Design and apply integrated and acceptance test strategies;
• Occasionally, write functional analysis documents;
• Collaborate in defining operational and project estimates;
• Contribute in establishing and applying the standards and processes for the team;
• Perform follow-ups with production personnel or the project manager.
To succeed in this role, you should have:
• University or college degree in computer science or management;
• Experience level : intermediate (3 years +);
• Relevant experience in developing and evolving data warehouses, ideally across several mandates or positions;
• Solid understanding of data warehousing, ETL and business intelligence concepts and best practices;
• Mastery of the SQL language;
• Competencies in performance tuning, both with the tool and the DBMS;
• Knowledge of other ETL tools is an asset: SSIS, Datastage, Informatica, etc.;
• Knowledge of other BI technologies is an asset: SAP BO, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.;
• Fluency in French is required and fluency in English is an asset.
This offer presents an excellent opportunity for joining a winning team. CGI offers an advantageous compensation package and the possibility for professional growth and development. Benefits for full time permanent members start on the first day of employment and include paid vacations, a profit sharing plan as well as a stock purchase plan.
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest in our organisation. However, we will only communicate with selected candidates.
Unsolicited candidates from employment agencies will not be considered.
CGI supports employment equity.
To apply, please send your resumé to email@example.com or visit our web site at www.cgi.com Careers section.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.