The Director Consulting Services, Life Sciences will be a lead in driving and overseeing the delivery and business development of one of CGIs key life science accounts. This individual will have a unique opportunity to drive and lead account development, establish thought leadership and providing expertise during strategic sale pursuits and initiatives for top-tier pharmaceutical, and bio-pharma clients from conception through successful implementation.
This highly-visible position will work with clients on both the business and IT organization to define, plan and execute strategic initiatives that will improve operational performance, increase profitability and create a competitive advantage. This role will lead initiatives across a variety of end to end solution offerings within the life sciences space with and emphasis on R&D, clinical, regulatory and safety,.
We are looking for someone with the desire to drive innovation in the industry by partnering with clients and partners to disrupt the current state of life sciences or healthcare. This position will also be instrumental in building new capabilities and developing innovative ways for CGI to help its clients transform and grow.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• You should have a strong record of accomplishment of profitable growth along with account expansion and management. You will manage strong delivery SME’s and will focus on growing our relationship and portfolio.
• Improve quality of services, support colleagues and propagate knowledge and expertise
• Leverage engagement deliverables and project management experiences to form the basis of re-usable approaches and methodologies
• Lead and support development of market-leading capabilities related to area of expertise to support current and future needs within our Life Sciences clients
• Advise business stakeholders on mindset transformation and how their work will need to change to support the future.
• Serve as the bridge between the business and IT stakeholders to embrace technology as a tool to solve business problems.
• Support and guide clients to define, develop and plan various consulting engagements from short-term assessment projects to large-scale transformational initiatives.
• Define business needs and analyze complex problems. This includes but is not limited to scoping, requirements development, process development, communications, planning for individual efforts.
• Identify and document the needs of multiple stakeholders.
• Foster partnership with customers, stakeholders, sponsors.
• Build and maintain strong client relationships and develop business with assigned clients.
• Build and lead teams to foster individual and team development and expertise.
• Leverage CGI Operations Management standards to achieve targeted revenue and profitability.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bring deep life science knowledge and delivery capability (specifically around R&D, Clinical, Regulatory and Safety), be integrated into the market place and be responsible for bringing solutions and thought leadership to our clients, work well in collaborative environments, be highly motivated by delivering excellent services to our clients and ensuring their satisfaction.
• Will use and leverage your experience and creativity to design, propose and execute solutions for complex client problems in advanced business and technology environments.
• Oversee teams of professionals – both direct reports and via US based onshore delivery centers.
• Manage client satisfaction in partnership with account management teams.
• Contribute to business strategy, budget planning and manage profitability of engagements.
• Lead proposals and evolve solution offerings.
• Overall accountability for the winning of competitive proposals.
• Overall accountability of service delivery to our clients.
• Ensure success of engagements using US based onshore near-shore and off-shore delivery centers and strategic partners..
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio.
• Strong experience with technology and IT organizations is important.
System Implementation Experience with Veeva Solutions Preferred
• Global experience is desired, but not required.
Required Behaviors, Knowledge and Skills
• Lives up to the CGI Values: Partnership and Quality, Objectivity and Integrity, Intrapreneurship and Sharing, Respect, Financial Strength, Corporate Social Responsibility
• Demonstrates leadership: cultivates team spirit, provides direction and vision, displays integrity in action, fosters open communication
• Self-motivated with the ability to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of business development and sales tools and techniques
• Ability to provide outstanding customer service, be a good listener and work well with others.
• Relevant project management delivery tools and techniques
• Analytical, problem solving, and conceptual thinking skills.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and negotiating skills, with customers, team and stakeholders
• Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable future state offerings and solutions.
• Ability to understand the workflow and business processes related to the application being supported.
• Ability to effectively interface with technical and nontechnical staff at all organizational levels.
• Ability to learn new content areas and new skills quickly.
Skill Set/Years of Experience/Proficiency Level
Life Science Experience
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.