We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing! We have a challenging career opportunity for a Java Developer to work for our clients in our Telecom Industry.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Java Developer will design and develop Java applications. This includes anything between complex groups of back-end services and their client-end (desktop and mobile) counterparts..
• Designing and building high quality Java applications that are highly scalable and extensible
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
• Deliver a high level of commitment to client success and provide timely and quality services that meet or exceed expectations
Work with business partners to provide guidance and support in the deployment of complex application solutions
• Participates in R&D activities to advance the development of the product roadmap
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Expert knowledge of Java programming language
• Expert knowledge of design patterns and best practices
• Knowledge building enterprise class web applications
• Expert knowledge of REST and RESTful web services in Java (e.g., JAX-RS, Spring MVC Rest)
• Experience in developing Enterprise applications: Billing, CRM, or Financial, Business Intelligence greatly preferred
• Excellent understanding of developer life cycle and enterprise developer tools.
• Strong debugging and problem solving skills
• Proven track record developing performant, scalable solutions across a full application stack
• Deep experience in AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM))
• Experience with RDBMS is required
• Industry experience in one or more of Public Sector, Insurance, Telecommunications, Utilities, Manufacturing, Retail, or Consumer Packaged Goods would be ideal
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, an engineering discipline, or a related field
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.