The QA & Testing Analyst role is responsible for supporting the planning, design and execution of test cases following the QA & Testing process to create quality deliverables.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Reviews requirements, specifications and other deliverables for testability and to assist scoping testing effort.
• Identifying, analyzing, interpreting and defining the required tests for new and/or modified products or product components of low to medium complexity aligned with developed requirements and design documentations
• Complies with the testing process including tools usage and test methodology
• Develops test plans and test cases based on the requirements
• Creation and execution of test cases following the test process and approach, update the test results in the identified test management tool
• Able to identify necessary test data for test execution aligned with the requirements or changes
• Log defects into defect management tool with clear description following documented process
• Participates in the defect triage meetings and report test status to the QA & Testing Lead
• Participates in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
Objectives & Targets
• Demonstrate effective management of time, expenses and achieve the average utilization of higher than 90%.
Quality Service Delivery
• Involve early in project or product delivery efforts during the solution design process
• Ensure compliance with the overall test strategy, test plan and test processes including tools usage and defect management to meet the deliverables with the highest level of quality
• Demonstrate compliance with the stated test framework and methodology
• Effective management of intellectual property
• Evidence of information sharing amongst the team members and documentation stored along with lessons learned
• Ensure updated resume along with latest project and experiences in RM tool
• Efforts to promote innovation by helping to conceive and present ideas to the greater group to enhance effectiveness and increase efficiency
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• manual / functional QA with Data base testing
• API testing (Postman)
• Good Analytical skills with strong verbal and written communications skills
• A challenging and inquiring mind with attention to detail and tenacity
• Good understanding of the software release process and different testing methodologies
• Hands-on experience with HP ALM (Application Lifecycle Management), JIRA, Parasoft SOATest, SOAPUI or similar toolsets
• Ability to multi-task
• CSTE (Certified Software Test Engineer) by QAI
• CTFL (Certified Tester Foundation Level) by ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board)
• Financial industry certification (CSC, CPH, CFP, CIBA, ICB or CFA) is a plus
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.