Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers – Be Part of Our Story
CGI Scotland’s Business Unit has created a new position to create, grow and manage a high quality market relevant Digital Advisory capability. This is a landmark opportunity to establish a team of up to 12 CGI business consulting members. This role will see you shape and define market relevant propositions to enable CGI Scotland’s Business plan ambitions. The successful candidate will have a proven record of developing and delivering Digital Advisory services to clients in both public and private sectors, adopting an effective business outcome driven approach. The Director of Business Consulting will report for the first 6 months directly to CGI Scotland’s Business Unit leader, given the strategic importance of establishing this role, subsequently the role will report into a sector Vice President of Consulting.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Consulting proposition creation: Defining, launching and delivering market relevant business consulting propositions
• Business development: Leading business development in key markets / sectors within the Scottish Business Unit.
• Client relationship & business development: Building long term client relationships to support sustainable, profitable business growth
• Team member leadership: Establishing a Business Consulting team leading recruitment and onward development Providing team member management, assigning and supporting career development of team members, fostering capabilities and expertise in line with client needs/market evolution
• Service delivery: Participating in delivery and ensuring the quality of services delivered to assigned clients
• Operations: Leading consulting engagement delivery and ensuring the quality of services delivered to clients, including the achievement of targeted revenue and profitability
• Engage with clients on a regular basis to understand their needs, requirements and expectations
• Lead business development pursuits for consulting
• Create a qualified pipeline of client opportunities by proactively engaging across industries and sectors
• Address client needs based on expertise and knowledge of market trends
• Lead client proposals including definition of solution, approach, team and commercials
• Lead and ensure quality delivery of consulting propositions
A selection of key operational measurements of the Director of Business Consulting role:
• Achievement of client & member satisfaction targets
• Achievement of team revenue, utilisation and margin targets
• 60% personal client billability
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Strong undergraduate degree
• MBA preferred, but not essential
• Digital transformation in multiple sectors
• Working with C-level clients
• Business development for consulting opportunities
• Strong business acumen and ability to effectively prioritise
• Collaboration and demonstrate effective interpersonal skills
• Structured problem solving, use of proven analytical approached
• Outstanding communication both written and oral
• Creativity and adaptability in dynamic business situations
• Ability to multi task and work across a number of markets and active opportunities
Working Environment - Open to travel and work on client site up to 80% of the time (likely to be mostly Scotland based client engagements).
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.