If you love finding innovative solutions to improve complex systems, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK, and it needs your help. Join us as a Senior Infrastructure Architect.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
And the even better news? Our friendly team will keep you inspired and will support you to do what you do best, better.
The Senior Infrastructure Architect (SIA) role bridges the gap between the Solution Architect, development team, business team and project management. You will provide strategic guidance as well as delivering leadership to define, validate and promote the right Infrastructure for a large scale bid, deal or a project, providing guidance to manage appreciable levels of risk that may be prevalent.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Specifically the Senior Infrastructure Architect is to provide specialist skills to lead and co-ordinate the activities and resources for the infrastructure architecture domain to enable stakeholders to leverage best value from IT investments.
You will provides assurance to the Technical Design Authority and the programme management team that solutions are fit for purpose, meet requirements for Statutory, Regulatory and Contractual compliance, and are aligned with corporate best practice as well as relevant Solution, Reference and Target architectures. Providing assurance of fulfilment of non-functional requirements is a specific responsibility of this role.
You will lead on infrastructure solutions definition as directed by the TDA including working with solution partners and subcontractors and documenting designs for delivery.
You will support activities of the wider architecture function working across projects and programmes to ensure consistent application of best practice in infrastructure, application, security and data architecture.
The role of the Senior Infrastructure Architect is to:
• Act as leader of an Infrastructure Team developing Infrastructure solutions, contributing specialist technical knowledge and experience.
• Set and manage stakeholder expectations regarding infrastructure.
• Assess current and emergent technology, giving advice on price and performance.
• Manage relationships with infrastructure product vendors.
• Align the technology with the business and customer goals, identifying benefits and risk mitigation approaches.
• Apply appropriate technical standards.
• Ensure infrastructure risks are managed, in particular non-functional requirements, including availability, scalability and performance.
• Lead formal and informal technical reviews to assure quality of the infrastructure solution design and change approach.
• Support the development of Team members by knowledge sharing, coaching and mentoring.
• Own the list of infrastructure concerns, architectural decisions and contribute to the technical risk register.
• Coordinate plans and actions with project manager, including other specialists.
• Own collated infrastructure effort estimates and costs from teams, subcontractors and suppliers for infrastructure services and associated subsystems.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Experience in some or all of the following would be advantageous;
Windows Server 2008 onwards
SAN - Preference is Hitachi AMS, HCP or HNAS technologies
Linux – Nice to have
Oracle – Nice to have
Cloud Skills either Azure or AWS – Nice to have
COTS based applications
Software Defined Datacentres – Nice to have
ArchiMate would be a bonus.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.