Do you want to be part of a dynamic finance team that is always looking for efficiencies and standardization within finance processing and would you like to be responsible for accounting and compliance for CGI in Denmark, with the opportunity to grow? Do you have a strong accounting background, maybe from one of the big auditing companies and do you hold danish knowledge and experience in Denmark? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Senior accountant in the Financial Business Services (FBS) team, you will join a large team of FBS members across Europe and you will be reporting to the FBS Manager for Scandinavia. You will be working closely with the Business Unit controllers of Denmark and their controlling teams, giving them support on all accounting related matters.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Accounting & monthly closing of financial accounts
• Balance Sheet Reconciliations
• Prepare statutory financial statements and manage their audits with external auditors
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of all asset and liability balance sheet accounts, in accordance with IFRS
• Involvement in Balance Sheet review meetings
• Manage pension accounting, reconciliations, and payments
• Accurate and timely submission of Tax and VAT declarations
• Contributing to, and implementing on efficiency and standardization programs across region
• Working closely together with the Global FBS in India, and Corporate Accounting in Montreal (HQ)
• SOX involvement
• Contact person for local Tax Authorities
• Strong analytical skills
• Good knowledge of IFRS and local GAAP
• Experience in preparation of financial statements
• Some knowledge of local Tax and VAT rules
• At least 3 to 4 years of experience from similar role(s)
• Excellent communication skills in English and Danish
• A sense of autonomy, initiative, and responsibility
• Ability to work independently, while demonstrating flexibility
• Experience from working with external auditors
• Good understanding of priorities, and 100% respect for deadlines
• Results-oriented with a strong track record of successful delivery
• Ability to work in virtual teams, across functions, and across borders
• Want-to-help attitude towards co-workers, and partners
Education and Certification
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or equivalent
• Professional accounting designation, CPA or equivalent (a plus)
Contact Desiree Afshar for questions regarding the position on tel. +46 703183369
We are hiring with start as soon as possible.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.