CGI is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our teams in our Global Delivery Center in Portugal! The selected candidate will be part of one of CGI's biggest projects.
Change the organization. Change the business.
As Digital transformation continues to grow, CGI is in the center of change!
At CGI, we owe our success to talent and compromise from our employees. As a team, we share challenges and rewards that make our company grow and reinforce our position in the market.
Apply to join one of the most independent IT & Services company in the world!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Work Is Truly Exciting And Interesting And Will Require Our Technical and Soft SkillsTo
• Participating in daily Architecture and automation design - 70%
• Participation in migration projects of current infrastructures to Microsoft Azure;
• Document the solutions being implemented;
• Installation and administration of IaaS, PaaS services;
• Test and integrate new services: AZURE SQL Managed Instance, AZURE Kubernetes Service, AZURE Data factory;
• Automation of new architectures (IaC) in Azure based on ARM script;
• Ensure change management and manage their planning;
• Assist and advise in terms of architecture the teams in charge of the development of business applications;
• Assist and advise in terms of development of "Cloud Ready" applications the teams in charge of the development of business applications;
• Construction of the Kubernetes offer;
• Implementation of a "KAAS" Platform based on AKS (AZURE);
• Development and evolution of the solution based on the Kubernetes ecosystem;
• Onboarding the teams on the product and on Kubernetes;
• Design of the physical architecture of the SUNRISE 2.5 Platform;
• Design of the CI / CD chain which automates the deployment of the SUNRISE 2.5 Platform;
• Maintenance of the old Platform ALM (IAAS), SUNRISE-1.5 and Sunrise-2.0 (Hybrid IAAS & PAAS), SUNRISE-2.5 (PAAS);
• Implementation of Security Plans to ensure the compliance of existing Platforms;
• Assist in the framing of the migration project to the cloud, the review of the architectures implemented, the review of the security of the Platforms, the Build and the RUN of the Platforms.
Contribution to BAU (Maintenance) - 30%
• Resolutions of incidents related to Azure platforms;
• One-off last-level support on Cloud expertise and development;
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• VSTS tools (Visual Studio, Git, Gradle, Maven ...)
• Experience on Azure network and security components (build and run): VNet, Network Security Group, Monitoring of resources and the best practices surrounding them Good Mastery of Azure resource monitoring tool (OMS)
• Experience on Azure managed services (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Azure Storage Account, ...) Experience on private cloud evolutions and public cloud (Microsoft Azure in particular)
• Experience on aspects related to the costs of Azure services and propose optimizations.
• Experience on best practices in terms of architecture design (AD, Storage, Managed services, etc.)
• Experience on the Kubernetes Ecosystem (Node, Pod, Ingress, ConfigMap, FleexVolume, Services, NetworkPolicy, CertManager, ...)
• Exoperience on automation of deployment of architectures and configurations (PowerShell, Python, JSON, ARM, YAML, HELM)
• Experience on Architecture design (AD, Storage, Managed services ...)
• Experience on Automation of deployment of architectures and configurations (Mastery of PowerShell or Python, JSON, ARM)
• Good knowledge of object-oriented programming (Design patterns, clean code) Mastery of either Java 8 and above or C ++ 14
• Experience in document your work and update existing documentation
Non-technical Skills, Leadership And Language Skills
• Fluency in English both spoken and written;
• Ability to understand the standards in place and take them into account in future implementations (Security, IFC…);
• Knowledge of Kanban / Scrum agile methodologies;
• Customer orientation / added value, simplify in a complex organization, autonomy and proactivity;
• Ability to establish and maintain a relationship of trust with all stakeholders;
• Ability to Listening and understand complex requirements, team spirit and willingness to share knowledge;
• Good level of log analysis and ability to provide solutions.
• Fluency in English, written and spoken (mandatory);
• cloud Skills: azure components ( mandatory), aws components ( mandatory);
• Data Skills: SQL, mainly micro-batch and Dimensional models;
• Software engineering: AzureDevop, .NetCore, Java, ETL skills;
• CosmoDb expertise profiecient;
• Availibilty to stay in UK during half of the period (to be confirmed with COVID situation);
• Strong communication and team building skills;
• Able to handle multiple tasks in a team-based environment.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.