The Enterprise Software Engineering function focuses on the development of a group-wide engineering culture that prioritises reliable, predictable, and sustainable software delivery and is part of a wider Enterprise Technology Function.
The role of the Enterprise Software Engineering Lead is to establish best practice and common development standards across the development teams.
Location: Need to be able to travel to London 1-2 times per week.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
He/She will work with the Agile Team Engineering/Tech Leads to review current practices, agree, promote and establish best practice. This will cover all aspects of software development, including:
• Software development methodology and ceremonies
• Agile team (in-sprint) testing - test automation, BDD and TDD as applicable, promoting shift left testing
• DevOps approach and pipelines
• Software configuration / source code management
• Establishing and promoting common design patterns
• Standardising technologies for new initiatives, fully utilising Azure PaaS services, including containerisation.
• Code consistency and quality
• Secure coding
• Tooling support
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
You will been a lead developer utilising Microsoft .net technologies, with full stack development experience as well as experience of developing APIs and microservices.
• You will have also been the technical lead / application architect on several projects, coaching and mentoring other developers.
• You will have a strong interest and passion for establishing software engineering best practice.
• You will be experienced in establishing DevOps pipelines
• You will have strong experience in establishing and validating development practices
• You will have expertise in a range of testing approaches, unit and functional testing, and automating testing as part of a CI/CD pipeline.
• You will have the leadership and communication skills required to change the development practices and culture of the organisation.
- Agile Testing
- Functional Testing
- Unit Testing
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.