Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers - Be Part of Our Story
If you are an experienced UX Designer who enjoys working as a part of a team and you want to be involved in building the future for our clients in the UK, we’d love to have a conversation with you.
Our financial services business unit is looking for talented UX Designer, with practical experience to join us in working on a variety of engagements across our clients.
From cutting-edge commercial projects to public service transformation, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Creates innovative solutions for a wide variety of product design challenges, including tablet, desktop, and possibly mobile
• Lead the design for User Experience of our products
• Advocate for design solutions, highlighting inputs that influenced the decisions including business and user goals, demographic and usage data, including Industry Standards and research findings
• Develop high level and detailed storyboards, mock-ups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
• Work alongside engineers and product managers throughout the design phase of the production cycle
• Assesses and optimise the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and assessing performance metrics
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and standards
• Present design work to development teams and senior leadership for review and feedback
• Contributes to the group’s shared knowledge of user-centric design, evaluation and research methodologies
• Ensure the UI design is compliant with any regulatory and mandatory requirements for UK and EU
• Ability to demonstrate improvements in UX design over time, using reporting tools e.g. Deque, Lighthouse
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Proficient in design software (e.g. UXPin, Balsamiq)
• Knowledge of HTML/CSS
• Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
• Problem-solving aptitude
• Analytical mind with a business acumen
• Excellent communication skills
• Desirable - Angular
Unconditionally inclusive – we know diversity brings a greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities, with support networks for Parents, Women, LGBT+, BAME, Neurodiversity and Disability.
- Analytical Thinking
- UX design
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.