Meet our professionals
CGI Global - We are CGI_EN
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career. Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules.
Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to sophisticated technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI, and we are looking for hardworking individuals to innovate with us. If you have a groundbreaking spirit and thrive on innovation where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, now is the time to join our team!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As part of CGI's global infrastructure services project management practice, the Senior Project Manager will contribute to the success of all related projects. Your responsibilities will include:
• Deliver expected project margin/profitability
• Document and assess impacts of project change requests in a timely manner
• Execute various activities to deliver projects using the project plan, work plan, risk log, communication plan, issue logs and resolution as well as handle change requests
• Plan, coordinate, manage and communicate the activities to ensure the project objectives meet client, team and executive satisfaction
• Ensure good management of activities, quality deliverables and use of CGI quality processes (Client Partnership Management Framework)
• Ensure time charged by members applies to the appropriate task and control the project budget
• Complete satisfaction surveys with clients upon project completion and attain signoff
• Obtain engagement and approvals by all involved: individual members, teams, clients and suppliers
• Maintain the healthy management of projects by mitigating risks and defining resolution plans for addressing issues
• Ensure projects are auditable and CGI quality processes are applied
• Contribute to client satisfaction appraisals throughout the delivery of projects
• Obtain, validate and understand cost models and project profit margins for all assigned projects
• Define functional structure of projects; prepare work plans for planning and scheduling of required resources
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum 5 to 7 years+ of related IT infrastructure project management experience.
• Experience managing and delivering multiple infrastructure projects of low to medium complexity, up to 10,000 person days of effort, generating revenue up to $10M, duration up to 18 months, teams of 20-30 members
• Strong communication skills; ability to provide pertinent and detailed information to the appropriate audience (client, delivery and/or operational teams)
• Ability to apply lessons learned
• Use standardized tools, templates and processes (CGI methodology / Client Partnership Management Framework / CGI quality processes) to lead projects
• Experience managing multiple internal and external partners and suppliers
• Security clearance: Government of Canada – Level II – Secret, or able to attain
• RFP response experience is an asset
Education and Certification:
• Bachelor in Computer Science, Masters in Project Management or equivalent
• Certification: Project Management Institute (PMI)
• Bilingual written and spoken (French and English)
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.