Who is eligible?
• Student enrolled in any full time studies in a Canadian post-secondary institution
• Canadian citizen (students with a work permit are not eligible)
We are looking for bright and energetic individuals to support client journeys in high-end business and IT consulting, systems integration, transformational outsourcing, and intellectual property.
Are you looking for a job, which enables you to work with a team of industry-leading professionals? Do you want to gain hands-on experience that could lead to full-time employment upon graduation? Then please, keep reading!
Perks of being a CGI Co-op:
•Have access to a 1:1 Mentor matched with you based on your interests.
•Participate in monthly socials to meet co-ops across the country.
•Participate in our co-op content creator challenge where the grand prize is $500 for one lucky co-op!
•Access professional development workshops hosted by domain experts on topics ranging from how to be a top consultant, how to apply the agile methodology, data & analytics and more!
•Weekly tips and videos emailed to you for self-paced learning on topics such as building your professional brand, developing your interpersonal skills and more.
To learn more about CGI and hear from our Co-ops and New Grads, visit www.cgi.com/startmycareer
Who you are?
• Have analytical curiosity, strong data-oriented skills and a statistical programming background
• Possess a successful track record of designing and developing AI/ML algorithms for private or public sector solutions
• Up-to-date with the latest technology trends, have a strong desire to constantly learn and be ready to put on the hacker's hat at any time to convert an idea into a demonstration
• Highly detailed-oriented with exceptional organizational and follow-through skills
• Self-started and able to execute without a lot of direction or oversight
• Exceptional communication skills, with an ability to make advanced analytics concepts accessible and understandable to non-technical business users
• Value collaboration and urgency; and have a passion for driving impact
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Learn the challenges and impactful problems for financial services, insurance and the government by using artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing and big data
• Drive innovation into Analytics solutions and focus on humanizing enterprise software to achieve better customer experience and to enable data-driven business decisions
• Work on high priority initiatives using advanced analytics, predictive modeling and a variety of data sources to produce actionable business insights
• Ideate, conceptualize, design, develop and maintain AI/ML algorithms that provide data insights that drive operational efficiencies and cost savings
• Build production grade models on large-scale datasets. Utilize advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, and data mining techniques
• Work closely with other team members to further develop metrics, KPIs, and insights that measure business performance improvements
• Assist in the development and delivery of pre and post sales POCs, presentations and proposals for client engagements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Have an interest in predictive analytics and data mining projects
• Have an interest in using complex machine learning methods and algorithms
• Have an interest in working with one or more data mining tools such as R, Python, Scala or SAS
•Understanding of Big Data technologies such as Spark, Cassandra, and/or Hadoop
•Experience writing SQL queries and working with relational databases such as Oracle, DB2 or SQL Server
• Knowledge of JSON and XML documents and working with NoSQL databases such as MangoDB and CouchDB
• Good understanding of microservices architecture and REST APIs
• Self-directed and demonstrable problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of modern software development techniques and methodologies
• Knowledge and practice of secure software development processes
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines)
- Analytical Thinking
- Analytics & Emerging Dig Tech
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Data Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.