Meet our professionals
We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing!
We have a challenging career opportunity for a Project Manager to work for our clients across in our Global Wealth and Capital Markets Team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Project Manager, Global Wealth and Capital Markets. Your involvement in the achievement of the projects and transitions is to contribute to:
• Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected programs/sub-program and/or projects through a program master plan
• Identify all the internal and external resources, whether human or technical, required to complete the project successfully
• Decide on suitable strategies and objectives for achieving the project goals
• Coordinate cross-project activities
• Provide coaching and guidance to the project staff
• Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities related to the project
• Apply change, risk and resource management
• Assume responsibility for the project people and vendors
• Assess project financial performance and aim to maximize ROI (must have a deep and full understanding of financial management practices and ratios)
• Resolve projects' scope issues
• Prepare reports for program executives
• Ability to understand and negotiate contracts regarding the project
• Ability to track the overall benefits of the project regarding benefit realization (did it accomplish the goal).
• Ability to have a broad view of project objectives and organizational culture and processes
• Ability to manage all stakeholders including stakeholder identification and targeted strategies for stakeholder management
• Delivering expected project margin/profitability
• Documenting and assessing impacts of project change requests in a timely manner
• Execute various activities to deliver project using the project plan, work plan, risk log, communication plan, issue logs and resolution as well as managed change requests
• Ensure good management of activities, quality deliverables and use of the CGI quality processes (CPMF)
• Ensure time charged by members applied to the appropriate task and control the project budget
• Complete satisfaction surveys with the client upon project completion and obtain signoff
• Obtain engagement and approvals by all stakeholders; individual members, teams and the client, as well as vendors/suppliers
• Maintain the healthy management of your project by mitigating risks and defining resolution plans for addressing issues.
• Obtain, validate and understand the cost model and project profit margin for every project you are assigned.
• Define functional structure of the project; prepare work plans for planning and scheduling the required resources.
• Ensuring your projects are auditable (CGI quality processes applied).
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Minimum 8 years of relevant program/project management experience in a large-scale corporate context. (previous consulting / product experience is preferred)
• Has successfully managed the delivery of at least 4 projects of high complexity.
• Managed program / project budgets between $1M to $5M for a duration of 12 to 18 months.
• Managed 6+ internal and external partners and suppliers.
• Worked with Teams of 15 to 30 (or more) members in an global delivery model.
• Has executed various activities to deliver projects using, the project plan, work plan, risk log, communication plan, issue logs and resolution as well as managed change requests.
• Has planned, organized, managed and communicated the activities to ensure the project objectives are met to the satisfaction of the client, team and executives.
• Has ensured good management of activities, quality deliverables and use of the quality processes.
• Has strong communication skills in providing pertinent and precise information to the appropriate audience which can be the client, delivery and or operational teams.
• Has solid experience in various project management methodologies which includes but not limited to completing satisfaction surveys with the client upon project completion and obtained signoff, lessons learned sessions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Demonstrated ability to learn new process, applications and systems
• A hands on leader (able to analyze, able to dig deep)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to facilitate technical sessions
• Can communicate in both technical and business terms
• Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to manage a geographically distributed development teams
• Can Extract matrix/progress/milestones from JIRA or other collaboration tools for stake holder
• Working experience in Microsoft Project Plan (MPP), Excel, and Powerpoint
• Exposure to Agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean and SAFe
• Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects,
• Sound business case development and approvals skills
• Stakeholder management and change management skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Project Management practice experience
• • Relevant industry experience
• Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects
• Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
• Be an effective listener
• Be an effective communicator
• Expert understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties
• Expert knowledge of program and project management methods – waterfall, agile and hybrid methodologies
• Expert knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
• PMP Certification is a nice to have
• Agile Certifications is nice to have
• Program/Project Management
• Communication (Oral/Written)
• Global Delivery Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Financial Services
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.