Designation / Job Title Senior Software Engineer
Position / Job Description : Java senior developer who will be responsible for desining and developing
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Job Role / Your future duties & responsibilities
• Participates in client/project meeting(s) for highly complex project definition, needs assessment on production issues. Evaluates the needs and requirements of the users and provides technical expertise in the development of technical, structural and organizational specifications. Determine appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage organization.
• Support clients at multi geographies. Attend the escalated database issues and bring the same to closure by working along with onsite counterparts
• Creates, documents and implements standards and/or complex modeling to monitor and enhance the capacity and performance of the database.
• Implement, support and manage multiple databases.
• Design and configure relational database objects.
• Design, deploy and monitor database servers.
• Design data distribution and data archiving solutions.
• Produce entity relationship & data flow diagrams, database normalization schemata,
• Write Stored procedures, packages, triggers & functions to perform complex functions.
• Performance Tuning - able to analyze AWR, ASH, ADDM and STATSPACK reports
• Support multiple databases, areas like RAC, Data guard, ASM, RMAN, TKPROF
• Perform shell Scripting, Unix Administration when needed
• Install and configure Oracle Database
o Upgrade database to current version of Oracle
o Backup and restore
o Export / Import
• Troubleshooting complex problems
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Technologies required • Oracle database administration ( 11g/12c/19c), PLSQL
• Shell scripting
• Basics of Linux server administration
Skills Mandatory Skills: (6 to 8 years)
• Oracle DBA
• Performance Tuning
• PL/SQL Programming
• Shell Scripting
Optional Skills: (1 to 2 years)
• Server administrator
• Webserver administration
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.