Meet our professionals
CGI Canada - Ready For This
CGI, one of the largest IT and business consulting services firms globally, is at the forefront of transforming digital experiences. Through practical and strategic innovations, we are helping drive value and greater efficiencies into commercial and government organizations around the world.
We are growing our team and are looking to establish a center of excellence to deliver the best in class service to our many different clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• You will be part of a team that will provide support to drive constant engagement between teams and stakeholders, ensuring product quality, value, solution delivery, and technical delivery.
• Responsible for being involved in facilitating program events such as program / lab backlog refinements, program / lab increment planning, program big room planning, program/lab retrospectives and the Scrum of Scrums in order to ensure the quality of the finished product, to optimize productivity, influence/collaborate with cross-discipline teams to create compelling technical solutions
• Through collaboration and facilitation, be involved in driving program ceremonies and processes associated with our Agile Model and help drive the effective application and iteration of all the processes and people involved in the product deliveries within our release train
• Involved in the participating in the organizing and facilitation of all program level planning events
• Working in collaboration with each team to provide input on high-level estimates for product increments as part of the forward planning process.
• Identifying areas needing process improvement, facilitating solutions and escalating accordingly
• Communicate cross functionally, ensuring transparency of progress and outcomes; Report team progress and accomplishment up and across; Facilitate status updates, product demos and retrospectives
• Accountable for creating and maintaining the appropriate vehicles for open communication within the scrum team (e.g. tracker boards) to create a trusting and safe team environment
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Possesses analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Facilitate the Scrum process, including facilitating all Scrum ceremonies and enforcing timeboxes. Use appropriate tools to ensure ceremonies are efficient, engaging and productive.
• Possesses the ability to create/contribute to tactical and strategic vision.
• Demonstrates applied knowledge of one or more analysis and problem decomposition techniques
• Using tactful diplomacy and creativity, remove impediments impacting the Scrum team.
• Understands complete Software Development Life Cycle and can apply the applicable portions of the ‘Feasibility,’ ‘Requirements,” and ‘Analysis’ phases.
• Demonstrates writing and documentation skills.
• Ensure Scrum artifacts are visible and transparent.
• Understands and can explain to others the core processes involved in their area of support
• Remains alert to new techniques for insights, analytics, and data visualization, and thinks about new ways of applying them.
• Minumum 7 years IT experience
• Minimum 5+ yrs working As a Scrum Master for Financial Institutions
• Minimum 5+ yrs working in an Agile development environment
• Minimum 5+ yrs working in progressive Business/IT Sector
• Minimum 3+ yrs working with JIRA
• Minimum 5+ yrs working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Nice to Have:
• Industry recognized testing certification(s)
• Automating web-based client/server solutions
• Experience with banking application
• Experience with batch testing
• Experience with integration automation testing
• Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
• University / College level degree program in IT and/or business.
- Financial Services
- Scrum Master
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.