"Role description: Payments Business Analyst
This position is for the Business Analyst to work as a member of a large project team and work directly with the Client.
The role is hands on and is responsible to deliver:
• Gathering requirements and documenting detailed business and system use cases to drive out the detailed functional requirements for the commercial payments applications with financial services clients
• Maintain a requirements traceability matrix to ensure resulting solution delivers the expected acceptance criteria
• Support the client to ensure the resulting solution meets business requirements and business acceptance is achieved
• Participate in analysis and definition of product business requirements
• Identify and analyze nonfunctional requirements both from a client’s business needs and product system needs
• Lead/participate in requirements workshops both internally and with client’s to identify business needs and requirements
• Document current business processes, business flows, rules and artifacts, and propose business processes, business flows, rules and artifacts
• Produce detailed requirements documents and requirements traceability matrices utilizing traditional documentation methods (business requirements, functional and non-functional specifications) and current documentation processes of User Stories, Business and System Use Cases, Business Flows, data mappings etc.
• Prepare solution requirements by translating business requirements into functional and system requirements
• Develop detailed functional requirements for the implementation of business process changes or improvements, data analysis and the creation of reports
• Accountable to ensure that the requirements are aligned with the client’s business objectives and stated expectations including managing requirements priority and maintaining a feature backlog
• Identifies, elicits, and documents business requirements, defines business rules and communicates requirements for the implementation of business solutions
• Prepare/Review User Interface Functional Specifications
• Prepare data flow diagrams or equivalent process flow diagrams
• Define and document data definitions including data attributes, validation rules, data relationships
• Ensure business requirements are traceable through specifications, solution design and test cases
• Identify and resolve discrepancy between systems under development specifically with regards to systems integration requirements
• Strong knowledge and experience in Data migration, Data conversion, data mapping activities and in payments domain
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience
• Hands-on expertise in Agile Requirement analysis techniques used in SCRUM methodology
• 4+ years of experience in Information Technology in all phases of the systems development lifecycle in a Waterfall or Agile methodology
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, ability to multi task
• Detailed oriented with ability to appropriately summarize to address a variety of audience needs
• Relationship management- ability to establish and build working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors, and peers
• Requirements and Testing Management Tools - Confluence, Jira, MS Project, MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Reporting to: Director, Consulting Services GTA"
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Data Migration
- Financial Services
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.