Scope of work
• Work includes handling incoming issues from users worldwide, supporting other service delivery areas with system/database competence, developing or supporting the development of new technical solutions and improving the current services.
• Expertise in trouble shooting combined with a solid understanding of how the application works in the environment is a key success factor.
• This role requires installation and configuration of the application, diagnosis of application faults and solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone or email communication.
• This role is responsible to comply with security policies and procedures of our client/company.
• This role has to use the appropriate standards, procedures and guidelines with regard to service delivery processes, reporting, and documentation and authorisation levels.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Degree or Diploma in IT/Computer Science or any relevant discipline.
• About 1 years working experience in IT Application Support environment.
• Some background in software development/ testing/ maintenance will be an added advantage.
• Experience in supporting Cards and Payment solutions would be advantageous.
• Experience with mission critical transaction systems would be ideal.
• Formal knowledge and practice of ITIL and project processes.
• Preferable if candidate is able to start immediately.
• Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
• SQL Server 2005/2008 training/advanced knowledge (operations, SQL jobs, basic administration, overview)
• T-SQL training/advance knowledge (queries, basic SQL statements tuning, handling high volume of data)
• Windows Server user knowledge (scheduled tasks, windows administration, Event Logging, basic network overview)
• Windows scripting (CMD, BAT, VBS)
• Understanding/overview of configuration management (Releases, Change Implementation Plans, responsibilities and approvals, promotion through various testing stages to production, rollback plans, ...)
• Understanding/overview of development, testing and deployment life cycle
• Understanding/overview of testing principles and methods
• Basic understanding/overview of system continuity concepts for mission critical systems
• Understanding/ overview of cards payment systems, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) industry
• Highly motivated team player and always eager to learn new technologies
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead a small team
• Commitment to delivery, flexible and worked in a multinational environment
• Demonstrate flexibility, professionalism, reliability and adaptability to irregular working pattern
• Strong analytical / trouble shooting skills
• Strong problem handling skills
• Customer focussed and understands service provision needs (eg. SLA requirements, ticket handling, requests prioritization etc)
• Reliable and able to work independently
• Candidate must be willing to work on rotation shift and support
- Card Payment
- Software Development
- Software Testing
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.