- Expert level experience in Database Performance Tuning
- RMAN Restore/recovery, issue investigation and resolution
- Research and implement any New Oracle feature
- Create & Maintain automation and other scripts used by DBA team
- Shell scripting
- New Database Server, schema, database setup
- Server Capacity Planning / Analysis
- create/update database related documents with detailed processes, methods
- Alerts & Monitoring (investigating, taking actions, maintaining scripts)
- DB export/import
- RAC and ASM
other project specific tasks and learning on any new technologies/tools as needed
Relevant Experience is required in the above areas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Day to day activities includes (but not limited to) following:
- SQL, PL-SQL, DB Performance tuning
- Good in scripting - SQL, Shell (Good to have Ansible, Python etc.)
- Standard DBA activities such as creation of schemas/databases, grants, backup-recovery strategy, RAC, ASM, helping other teams when needed, research and implement new Oracle features/tools/technologies and other project specific DBA activities.
- worked on some major database level changes like character set changes, DB upgrades etc.
- Relevant Experience is required in the above areas.
- Ready to learn and work on new technologies as required.
- Coordinate with all stakeholders/teams, send status updates to managers & all stakeholders/teams.
- Good to have : Database / table designing experience, working with developers on the same, PL/SQL
- Act as a Senior DBA & SPOC for all tasks/changes/issues during shift
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Standard Oracle DBA activities in RAC, ASM, RMAN etc.
- Performance Tuning
- Good in scripting - SQL, Shell
- Open for 24*5 rotational shifts (around 2 weeks in 2 months US day shift) and weekend/holiday on-call support if needed.
- Good to have Ansible, Python or other scripting
- Database / table designing experience, working with developers on the same, PL/SQL
- Database Administration
- Shell Script
- Performance Tuning
- Oracle DBA Cert Prof
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.