Your future duties and responsibilities
• Conduct user research by employing methods and tools to provide actionable insights such as defining personas, conducting user and stakeholder interviews and contextual inquiries, mapping out user journeys, running UX workshops, performing usability tests, etc.
• Work closely with product owners, business partners, developers, and data architects to understand business and functional requirements, as well as technical considerations.
• Participate in the ideation and experience design of complex applications for web and mobile.
• Manage and own the creation of consistent experiences across products and platforms through user-centered design processes including heuristic evaluations, sitemaps, process flows, wireframes, mockups and interactive prototypes.
• Collaborate with development teams to ensure the design quality is maintained down the stream.
• Present and review designs with developers, product managers, and key stakeholders.
• Educate and articulate the thinking & strategy behind your work and design decisions.
• Conduct and/or coordinate design walkthroughs, feedback sessions and usability testing to validate proposed design solutions with stakeholders and end users.
• Ensure consistency across digital experiences and contribute in growing our library of components, interaction models and style guide.
• Proactively advocate for good user experience and design practices within the organization. About you • You have a good balance of UX and UI skills and are comfortable shifting between these design streams.
• You’re actively involved in defining product strategy and highly complex problems don’t faze you.
• Your work focuses on ease of use and best in-class visual and interaction design.
• You drive product solutions that service the goals of both users and the business.
• You obsess over details and refine your work until it’s pixel perfect.
• You’re a true team player and your collaboration and communication skills are unparalleled.
• You have an ego-less and objective attitude where you enjoy an iterative design process that includes accepting and managing feedback and challenging conventional wisdom
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience bringing digital products to life.
Experience working in the Financial industry such as wealth management is a definite asset.
• Great communicator with strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Collaborative and strong ability to build positive relationships with cross departmental teams, as well as influence decision making and educate stakeholders.
• Demonstrated proficiency in tools such as Sketch, Invision, Balsamiq, Adobe CC, etc.
• A strong portfolio demonstrating a diversity of relevant work that encompasses UX expertise, interaction design, creativity and critical thinking.
• Comfortable working in ambiguity and quickly iterating your way to a well, thought-out solution.
• Able to adapt approach and process to fit project goals, timelines and other parameters.
• Strong understanding of user-centered design practices with a desire to understand the end user.
• Understanding of front-end development (HTML, CSS) and comfortable talking to developers about the details of design implementation.
• Deep understanding of responsive design."
- UX design
- UX requirements
- UX Strategy
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.