CGI wants to change the way our customers develop, deliver and operate Emerging Technologies. If you are the go-to person when co-workers or friends want to know about the latest and greatest technologies, you will fit in as a Director on the Emerging Tech team at CGI. An ideal candidate will have experience with hands on engineering and delivery side on projects and is comfortable being the leader on the team while working with customers. We are looking for the best and brightest to help us develop a new vision of technologies at CGI and lead a team of Machine Learning and Cloud Engineers who are working with some of the largest clients in Canada. Join our entrepreneurial focused team, which is revolutionizing the way CGI does business. You will help shape the future of CGI and our clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• You will use your leadership skills and knowledge of Emerging Technology to work with a variety of customers across Canada. As a leader of the team, you are asked to meet with client executives, and Sr. leaders to understand what keep them up at night and help craft solutions that drive true business value.
• Support, mentor, and lead team members to deliver solutions to customers in an efficient manner
• Thought leadership in the cloud and/or Machine Learning space, and devise how to deliver it at scale in a large enterprise.
• Be responsible for the P&L of your team and make business decisions on how best to leverage investment in the near and long term
• Craft proposals and identify opportunities for the Emerging Technologies team, and CGI teams as a whole
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Knowledge of modern software engineering practices, Infra-as-code, distributed solution design, advanced cloud and orchestration platforms, and software defined networking.
• Exploring and learning new ways to solving complex problems, you are always exploring new technologies and able to rapidly assess applications
• Experience building compelling stories, presentations, pitches which summarize complex technology problems and delivery approaches.
• Serving, mentoring, and developing members of your team technically and interpersonally enabling regular delivery excellence
• Experience supporting and working with cloud-based systems on Azure/AWS/GCP/etc.
• Experience implementing Machine Learning/Big Data solutions, including knowledge of different Machine Learning algorithms (Supervised, Unsupervised, Neural Networks, etc.)
• Knowledge of deploying, configuration, and consumption of modern orchestration platforms. (ie. Kubernetes, OpenShift, Nomad, AKS, GKE, EKS)
• Strong understanding of enterprise application development and delivery.
• Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent experience.
- Azure Machine Learning
- Big Data
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.