Ready to join an outstanding culture that cares about diversity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility, and gives the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, and chart an exciting career?
CGI is more than just an IT company. Be part of a team that supports the local community with the ability to draw on global best-in-class talent! Benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs, and flexible work schedules and locations.
Due to ongoing growth and success in Saskatchewan, CGI is seeking an experienced Java developer to join our world-class IT solution company for a permanent full-time role in our Regina office. This role directly provides leading information technology services to our clients in Saskatchewan.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Work in a team-oriented environment, providing software development technical expertise and guidance to key collaborators on enterprise-scale applications and projects.
- Work closely with clients, project managers, scrum masters, business analysts, and architects in order to develop effective and high-quality enterprise software solutions.
- Understand and apply a variety of project life cycles, project frameworks (including traditional and agile), and software development methods and techniques.
- Design, code, test and implement application software that is delivered on time and within budget, using sound software development practices and secure coding requirements.
- Understand and enforce policies and procedures such as change management, project governance, configuration management, and release management.
- Aid in the diagnosis, correction, and prevention of service outages, defects, and other production or operational issues.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 3+ years of Java software development experience
- RESTful Webservices
- SOAP Webservices
- Java application servers such as Payara, Wildfly, or Apache Tomcat
- Automation products such as Jenkins Automation Server
- Databases such as Oracle DB and PostgreSQL
- OAuth2 and OIDC security protocols
- Familiarity with Saskatchewan's provincial (or another public sector) IT environment and security policies is an asset.
- Highly self-motivated and capable of working with minimal direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- University/College degree or diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Certifications in information technology, software development, and related products are considered an asset
Nice to have:
- Agile or Scrum framework experience
- Knowledge of DevOps, Continuous Integration
- Application Development
- RESTful (Rest-APIs)
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.