Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers - Be Part of Our Story
The Cyber Situational Awareness Fusion Architecture (CySAFA) provides the MOD with the ability to exploit ‘Big Data’ for cyber defence. The System Administrators are a key part of the Operations Team based out of MOD Corsham and are responsible for the maintenance and administration of the platform. The System Administrators ensure that all services are running properly, and their work is critical to the operational delivery of the service; they monitor the system for health and compliance and troubleshoot problems that arise, calling out to other parties to work together on issues. The role will give the successful applicant a chance to utilise their Linux skills within a Big Data environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Monitor system health and performance
• Investigate and remediate complex technical issues
• Carry out system administration tasks such as OS patching and server builds
• Plan and deliver changes to the infrastructure
• Be proactive in recommending system improvements
• Make changes to Ansible code and merge them into the codebase
• Produce technical documentation including Work Instructions and Change Plans
• Join the on-call support rota once confident administering the platform
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum five year’s Linux experience gained in an operational environment
• Demonstrable experience of application and user support
• In-depth Linux knowledge with exposure to some of the following: Docker; KVMs; Ansible; Git; system performance tuning and troubleshooting; patching and upgrade procedures; server monitoring with tools like Prometheus and Grafana
• Solid knowledge of system backup and restore procedures
• Able to write high-quality, accurate documentation detailing routine system administrative tasks such as restoring services from back-ups, how to restart services or troubleshoot issues.
• Able to debug and write scripts in Python or Bash
• Experience of DevOps tools such as Ansible and Git
• Working with databases
• Previous experience of working on a Big Data platform
• Linux qualifications such as RHCSA or CompTIA Linux+
• A genuine interest in technology and willingness to learn new technology on the job
Unconditionally inclusive – we know diversity brings a great greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities, with support networks for Parents, Women, LGBT+, BAME, Neurodiversity and Disability.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.