We are seeking a hard-working Junior Developer looking to kick-start their career through joining our growing and dynamic team. This is a great opportunity to work under the mentorship of our Project and Program Manager to assist and support the development team in all design-related tasks.
At CGI, our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse set of backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our people and clients. We are seeking someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired to craft meaningful solutions through true collaboration.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop API services and web applications as per the client specifications using coding standards and standard methodologies.
• Perform unit testing and defect fixes.
• Participate in project planning meetings along with all relevant agile ceremonies.
• Co-ordinate with business analysts and testing teams for delivery.
• Work standard and additional overtime hours to meet project outputs and pager support.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What We’re Looking for:
• Takes accountability for results and exhibits a “can do” demeanor.
• Has an appetite to continuously evolve and improve, address difficult problems and seek/give constant feedback.
• Demonstrates flexibility and is able to move forward without having all of the answers.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
• Experience with Java and/or .NET and familiarity with all stages of the SDLC lifecycle.
• Currently enrolled in Computer Science related program.
• Ready to complete 8-month co-op term starting September 2022
• Basic knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
• Analytical conduct and good problem-solving skills.
• Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
Perks of Being a CGI Co-op:
• Have access to a 1:1 Mentor matched with you based on your interests.
• Participate in monthly socials to meet co-ops across the country.
• Participate in our co-op content creator challenge where the grand prize is $500 for one lucky co-op!
• Access professional development workshops hosted by domain experts on topics ranging from how to be a top consultant, how to apply the agile methodology, data & analytics and more!
• Weekly tips and videos emailed to you for self-paced learning on topics such as building your professional brand, developing your interpersonal skills and more.
To learn more about CGI and hear from our Co-ops and New Grads, visit www.cgi.com/startmycareer
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.