CGI is more than just an IT company. Be part of a team that supports the local community with the ability to draw on global best-in-class talent! Benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs, and flexible work schedules and locations.
CGI has outstanding culture that promotes diversity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility and gives Members the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, and chart an exciting career!
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join our CGI-Edmonton team providing leading IT services to our clients. We are seeking an Application Architect who has a minimum of 10 years of post-graduate experience, an aptitude for learning new technologies and be a proven team player.
This position will challenge the successful candidate to develop and enhance their technical skills, further develop their analysis, leadership and interpersonal skills, and gain experience with industry-leading methodologies for service support, systems development and quality assurance (ISO 20000, ITIL, CMMI). This is an excellent opportunity for interested in advancing their career.
As a Senior Application Architect in the Edmonton office, you will assist in the success of multiple IT projects and initiatives for our clients in the Public sector.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Provide software maintenance and development technical expertise and guidance to key partners on a variety of enterprise-scale applications and projects across multiple technologies
- Work closely with clients, project managers, business analysts, and software developers to develop effective and high-quality enterprise software solutions
- Ensure that appropriate methods and tools for the planning, development, testing, operation, management and maintenance of systems are adopted and used effectively throughout the organization
- Understand and apply a wide range of project life cycles, methods, and software development techniques
- Identify new and emerging hardware, software and communication technologies and products, services, methods and practices and the assessment of their relevance and potential value as business enablers, improvements in cost/performance or sustainability
- Promote emerging technology awareness among staff and business management
- Understand and follow policies and procedures such as organizational change, project governance, configuration management, and release management
- Aid in the diagnosis, correction, and prevention of service outages, defects, and other production or operational issues
- Highly self-motivated and capable of working with minimal direction
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years' experience as an architect (Software, Solution or Enterprise)
- Solid understanding of systems architecture concepts and methods
- University/College degree or diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep expertise in a variety of technologies and products related to .NET
- Familiarity with Alberta provincial (or other public sector) IT environment and security policies is an asset
- Proven experience working with multiple clients on IT project-based initiatives
- Experience implementing organizational change processes
- Development background, experience as a senior developer and technical lead prior to becoming an architect
- Both Application Development and Application Maintenance background preferably
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a high level of client satisfaction
- Superb communication and presentation skills in providing pertinent and detailed information to clients and delivery / operational teams
- Modeling drawing Logical, Physical and Conceptual Diagrams for systems
- Configuration, integration, automation, asset, event, patch and monitoring management considered a bonus
Desired Technology and Framework Exposure:
- 5+ years minimum with Microsoft technology stack (Prefer Web tech over Windows tech)
- .NET Framework and .NET Core
- Experience with Cloud (Azure)
- Containers (Docker, Open Shift, Kubernetes)
- SQL Server
- HTML/CSS/web UI related technologies
- Workflow technology (Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps,JIRA, Jenkins)
- Source control repositories (Git and TFS)
- Patterns and Frameworks
- ORM (NHibernate/Entity Framework)
- Service-Oriented Architecture
- Application Development
- Solution Analysis
- Solutions Architecture
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.