Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers - Be Part of Our Story
Working for highly performing global IT and Business Consulting firm, our work has a wide reach - we help make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, we’ll do the same for you. Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme making you a member, not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit of discounted private health insurance, world class training, access to employee assistance and well being programs. CGI also offer flexible working arrangements so you can do your best work.
Join the newly created Space, Defence and Intelligence sector in Australia and grow as the team expands. You will work with a talented team of subject matter experts and IT professionals to deliver end to end IT solutions for our clients. We are looking to grow a broad variety of space opportunities within the team and are looking for someone with experience in the Space sector.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead role in the successful delivery of technical solutions, products and service to clients
• Develop exciting new proposals while delivering on existing commitments in parallel.
• Lead the activities in software Design, Development, Software Systems Integration and estimating of all activity costs
• Create quality technical designs ensuring that the functional and non-functional requirements are satisfied
• Align the use of the technology with the business and customer goals
• Support the team during the solution implementation by providing specific technical knowledge
• Monitor and ensure adherence to appropriate technical standards
• Drive the technical quality of the engagement and identify, track and mitigate against technical issues and risks
• Help develop sales propositions from the very early stages through to successful conclusion
• Build executive client relationships, present to clients and support business growth activities. Identify opportunities for expansion of work
• Collaborate with clients and 3rd party vendors to plan, sell and implement solutions to customer problems
• Travel to client locations across East and South Australia. UK travel may be a future requirement.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience working in the Space Sector, taking technical solutions for large-scale, complex integration projects through from initial requirements analysis to operational deployment.
• Proven expertise in Military & Commercial Satellite Ground System Software, preferably with Satcom Ground System Software experience, ideally within an Independent Software Vendor (ISV), IT Services Company or Satellite Systems Prime
• Understanding of networking protocols and standards
• Experience of analysing, proposing and delivering integrated solutions throughout a customer’s technology transformation
• Experience in at least one of the key business growth areas listed above
• Excellent communication, strong influencing and relationship building skills
• The ability to travel and work away from home when required
• The ability to gain a baseline security clearance
• Certifications in relevant technologies / solutions / methods (for example RCDA)
• Understanding the use and application of AI, Data Science and Machine Learning to resolve suitable complex system challenges
• Experience delivering solutions onto cloud platforms especially AWS
• Experience of delivering as part of an Agile/DevOps delivery team
Our working approach is built around our client’s needs. That’s not to say yours aren’t important too and in a post-pandemic world, we want to extend the offer of an open discussion to you as to whether a role can be office or home-based, flexible or hybrid.
Unconditionally inclusive. We know diversity brings a great greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Editing, updating or deleting data
You can always review your data saved in the database. You can always edit or update your data. If you have not edited your data, logged into your profile, or been actively recruited by CGI for five (5) years, your data will disappear from the database.