If you love finding innovative solutions to improve complex systems, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK, and it needs your help. We’re looking for a skilled Senior Cloud Infrastructure Architect to join CGI in our Global Technology Operations business unit, based anywhere in the UK.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you. The even better news? Our friendly team will keep you inspired and will support you to do what you do best, better.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Senior Cloud Infrastructure Architect role bridges the gap between the Solution Architect, development team, business team and project management. You will work closely with clients to define, validate and promote the right Infrastructure, cloud architecture or a combination of both for a bid, a deal or a project. You will report into the Director of Technical Advisory Services, bringing your excellent infrastructure and cloud architecture design skills to bear on multiple client assignments.
You will need to have strong planning, communication and presentation skills, the capability to gather requirements, identify solutions and be proficient in technology transformation projects and the production of designs and project proposals.
Specifically the Senior Cloud Infrastructure Architect is able to architect logical models of networks, infrastructure components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of infrastructure architectures in specific business or functional areas.
You will have excellent knowledge within all areas of traditional infrastructure, Linux, Wintel, SAN, Networks combined with a broad knowledge of Azure IaaS offerings in order to design Hybrid-Cloud architectures, as well as a good background in Software Defined Datacentre technologies (e.g. VMWare NSX) and an awareness of Hyper-Converged infrastructure solutions on the market.
• Lead a client consulting engagement, or act as the focus of an Infrastructure Team developing Infrastructure solutions, contributing general technical knowledge and experience.
• Set and manage stakeholder expectations.
• Assess current and emergent technology, giving advice on price and performance.
• Align the technology with the business and customer goals, identifying benefits and risk mitigation approaches associated with the proposed solution.
• Ensure infrastructure risks are managed, in particular non-functional requirements, including availability, scalability and performance.
• Support formal/informal technical reviews to assure quality of the infrastructure solution design.
• Own the list of infrastructure concerns, architectural decisions and contribute to the technical risk register.
• Coordinate plans and actions with project managers to make best use of available resources, including specialists such as service architects.
• Own collated infrastructure effort estimates and costs from teams, subcontractors and suppliers for one or more subsystems.
• Support the development of team members by knowledge sharing and mentoring.
• Develop relationships with infrastructure and cloud vendors.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Broad experience designing infrastructure and cloud platforms supporting Linux/Windows
• Experienced in designing Software-Defined Data Centre (SDDC) technologies, e.g. VMWare NSX
• Experience of designing Hybrid-Cloud architectures comprising traditional on-premise infrastructure and Azure IaaS offerings
• Broad knowledge of Infrastructure Architecture such as servers (Linux and Wintel), backups, storage, networks
• Understanding of Hyper-Converged Infrastructure solutions
• Experience of a wide range of enterprise technologies
• The ability to create solutions for complex work requests
• Strong organisational skills; keep track of multiple, complex time-critical activities; attention to detail
• The ability to work effectively with remote and virtual teams as well as with technical and business stakeholders
• Azure Solution Architect Expert
• VMWare Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP)/ VMWare Certified Design Expert (VCDX)
NOTE: You MUST either hold or be eligible and willing to undergo UK Security Clearance to be eligible for this role. If you are not, please do not apply.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.