There’s an affordable housing crises in Northern California. Want to be a part of the solution? Take a job where you can actually do something about it!
Join our diverse and fabulous team, where we help administer a program that provides much needed affordable housing to eligible families. CGI Federal, partnered with California Affordable Housing Initiatives (CAHI, a non-profit instrumentality of the Oakland Housing Authority), has been the Performance Based Contract Administrator for Northern California for over 15 years, and has earned a reputation as a partner of choice in the Affordable Housing Industry. Our members play a critical role in building that positive reputation, and we are looking for people who are whip smart, have high levels of integrity, and are fun to be around to join us.
CGI Federal brings over 30 years of affordable housing experience to ensure that the project-based Section 8 program is run efficiently as possible and adheres to HUDs rules and regulations. We work in partnership with owners of Section 8 properties across Northern California to ensure the accurate and timely completion of Contract Renewals, Rent Adjustments, and monthly subsidy payments on behalf of the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). In short, our work helps to ensure that eligible families in need have safe and decent housing while also ensuring tax dollars are being used as intended.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Build positive working relationships with owners, residents and their representatives, neighborhood groups, local governments, and HUD staff
• Perform detailed reconciliation of monthly subsidy payments to property owners to ensure accurate payments
• Renew expiring Housing Assistance Payment Contracts to ensure continued payments to Section 8 properties
• Calculate annual adjustments to contracted rents and utility allowances
• Process Special claims to minimize loss to properties in case of extended vacancy, unpaid rent, and/or damages
• Maintain customer files and retain records in audit-ready form
• Other duties/projects as assigned
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
When you join our team, you will have the benefit of and support from an in-house Training department (no prior affordable housing experience is needed), plus experienced team members and managers to help you grow into your position.
While knowledge of the affordable housing industry is a plus, what we really need from you is your tenacity, and desire to learn and succeed:
• Time Management: ability to prioritize various tasks, and meet a constant stream of deadlines consistently and accurately.
• Adaptability: ability to learn and teach new concepts, requirements, and procedures; ability to learn and improve from mistakes
• Computer Proficiency: MS Office suite; confidence to navigate a number of proprietary systems
• Communication skills: ability to connect and provide instruction effectively over the phone, MS Teams and email with a variety of people; personable
• Analytical skills: comfortable working with numbers, ability to investigate and solve problems
• Education / Experience: A bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
• Affordable Housing Experience
• Contract Administration
- Customer Service & Support
- Microsoft Office
- Time Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.