Be part of something exciting. Do you want to take control of your future? Are you ready for the responsibility of working with high profile clients in the world’s most exciting sectors? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of one of the big five IT and business process firms in the world who will give you a direct stake in its success? CGI require a Legal Counsel to work from our London office.
CGI is seeking a Lawyer with strong technical skills, business instincts and initiative to join its Corporate Legal team. This “hands on” position involves independent work as well as coordinated group work with other members of the Corporate Legal team on mandates involving each of CGI’s strategic business units and operations in over 40 countries.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Vice President, Legal Affairs, and working from our offices in the heart of the city in London, the successful candidate will:
• Work on a variety of assignments, including corporate restructurings and maintenance, mergers & acquisitions (M&A), divestitures as well as corporate governance and compliance with a focus on Europe
• Negotiate and prepare agreements and other documentation
• Advise on the legal risk and impact of business decisions
• Work closely with the Finance, Tax, HR, M&A and other functional teams
• Ensure compliance with applicable corporate laws in Europe
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Demonstrable experience of corporate and business law in a large company or leading law firm
• Strong analytical ability, attention to detail and interpersonal skills
• Pragmatic judgment, particularly in determining the significance of legal matters and effectively balancing legal and business imperatives
• Effective organizational skills in order to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to synthesize complex legal issues to make them accessible to a variety of internal clients
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.