If you love finding innovative solutions to improve complex systems, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK, and it needs your help. We need an ITSM Tooling Architect to join our rapidly growing ITSM advisory practice based from either our Bridgend, Bristol, Solihull, or Reading Offices.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story,
not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from
private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Currently the role can be carried out working from home. Post COVID, when lockdown restrictions have been eased, and we return to more normal office working, the role will be based from one of the following UK Offices, Bridgend, Bristol, Solihull, or Reading. There will be fully expensed travel in the role as required to visit clients and other CGI offices.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Working within our rapidly growing and successful IT Service Management advisory teams, you will;
• Take presales ownership and be accountable for delivering winning end to end IT Service Management and tooling proposals
• Effectively engage senior client stakeholders on IT Service Management tooling advisory and consulting assignments
• Contribute significantly to the capability development of the IT Service Management advisory communities.
You will also be accountable for;
Winning opportunity pursuits
• Accountable for all opportunities that you are assigned to, from a delivery perspective
• Creation of compelling IT Service Management tooling solutions aligned to the clients’ requirements and budget
• Directing and regular peer reviewing of other Service and Technical Architects’ assignments
• Ensuring that best practice is being adopted across all assigned opportunities, and latest creative service solution and pricing approaches are leveraged appropriately
Selling and delivering IT Service Management advisory/consultancy services
• Able to engage senior client stakeholders and effectively market our IT Service Management Advisory offerings
• Deliver IT service management advisory/consultancy engagements achieving significant client satisfaction
• Develop existing and new IT Service Management advisory offerings in line with market demand
• Manage a virtual team of IT Service Management SMEs and technical specialists to deliver an IT
Service Management advisory engagements
• Ensuring the complete service and service product roadmap for our UK Portfolio & Product Development is shared with aligned client facing Business Units (BUs) so that any services and/or service products adding value outside those within the BUs requirements roadmap can be leveraged.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
You’ll be across the latest developments in the assessment of IT service management tooling solutions and experienced in recommending strategies, using structured frameworks and techniques (eg COBIT, TOGAF, IT4IT). Further you’ll also bring solid experience of successfully designing ITSM tooling solutions based on industry leading technologies, including ServiceNow (essential), Remedy, BMC, and HP Openview.
Other Essential skills
• Significant experience within the ITO industry in a presales and advisory environment
• Solid understanding of financial principles, particularly within IT service management tooling and advisory/consultancy cost modelling and pricing activities
• Significant experience in analysing client needs and delivering compelling IT service management technology solutions, tooling architecture design and advisory/consultancy services
• Highly proficient in assessing options (e.g. risk, performance, cost-benefit) and informing decision-makers with persuasive visualisations based upon assessment outputs.
• Excellent communications skills, articulate, disciplined and seasoned presentation skills; able to communicate effectively with both CxO level as well as junior level customers such as service desk staff.
• Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships with client facing business units, to SVP level, and key clients, to CxO level
• Demonstrable negotiation skills
• Commercial and contract skills
• Enterprise Service Management experience and associated skills
• Successful, practical experience of integrating ITSM toolsets and other IT management technologies, e.g. ticketing integration, CMS design, SCOM, SCCM, Cloud Orchestration technologies
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.