Seeking a technically competent and results oriented individual for the position of Senior Network Administrator at our Montreal location.
If you want to join a team of experienced network professionals who are passionate about technology and client satisfaction, then this opportunity is for you. The network administrator is part of a core group of technical professionals that are responsible for managing and supporting the IT infrastructure in CGI Data Centre environments. The network administrator will be responsible for network related deployment, support and management.
The successful candidate will be joining an enthusiastic team that is eager to share knowledge and experience. Day to day challenges are shared with the team during weekly knowledge enhancement sessions which have proven to enrich the overall technical expertise of the team.
You will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology platforms which include Cisco, F5 and Checkpoint. We offer a dynamic work environment and numerous career advancement opportunities.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Network Administration - support, maintenance, redesign and implementation
- Documentation of procedures, create network implementation plans and network diagrams.
- Evaluate and estimate new telecom implementations (LAN, WAN, Security, etc…) to determine scope and effort required.
- Provide rotational 7x24 on-call support.
- Willing to work shifts, occasional after-hours and weekends, as required.
- Create reports as required including: Capacity & Performance, Availability, SLA, Volumetric and others.
- Keep informed of emerging and developing technologies in Information Technology, with a focus on Network strategies.
- Interface with various stakeholders (i.e.: Project Managers, Client Delivery Managers, Network Designers & Architects, etc...) regarding projects, implementation and operational issues.
- Coach junior members in the team.
- Adhere to Incident management and change management procedures.
- Manage and report project-time accurately as per assignments.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
College or University Degree in a computer related field or related work experience.
5 years of experience in a similar position in a large network environment.
Experience in network operations and implementation and a good understanding of LAN, WAN and firewall management methodologies.
Solid understanding of switching and routing protocols including STP, VTP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, etc…
Solid knowledge of VPN protocols (IPSEC, SSL, etc…)
Extensive Experience in some or all of the following:
• Cisco Switches (IOS and Nexxus) and Routers.
• Load Balancers (Netscaler, F5).
• Cisco Firewalls (ASA 55XX and Next-Gen) using Command Line Interface (CLI) and Cisco Security Manager (CSM).
• Check Point Firewalls/VPN appliances.
• Cisco Wifi
• Cisco IPT
Solid knowledge of DNS.
Cisco Certifications: CCNA, CCNP or equivalent.
Check Point Certifications: CCSA, CCSE.
Solid knowledge of ITIL Standards or certification preferred
Self-motivated, highly organized and capable of operating effectively on independent tasks and in group-related projects.
Good written and oral communication skills, a positive attitude and solid customer service skills are essential.
The following skills are good assets:
• UNIX/Linux administration and scripting language.
- DNS / DHCP
- Load Balancing
- Network Administration
- VPN (Virtual Private Network)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.