Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking a Business Analyst with 1-3 years experience in the IT industry. Business Analysts will be responsible for participating on business/functional teams as part of a larger project effort.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Evaluate, identify and validate clients’ business needs and requirements
• Participate in and/or lead requirements workshops/JAD sessions to identify business needs and requirements
• Document current business processes, business flows, rules and artifacts, and propose changes/updates to business processes, business flows, rules and artifacts.
• Produce detailed written documentation, including business requirements documents, functional design documents, use cases and requirements traceability matrices, training documentation, user guides, and executive level presentations
• Lead and/or participate in Unit/System Testing & overall Quality Control efforts
• Excellent client interaction skills in support of formal requirements gathering sessions (e.g., JAD sessions), as well as informal requirements sessions (e.g., one-on-one potentially with senior level staff)
• Prototyping user interface designs
• Lead user testing and training sessions
• Meet tight project deadlines according to release schedules
• Managing and escalating issues/risks for resolution
• Experience with creating and interpreting SQLs
• Provide production support for functionality in production
• Ability to evaluate project changes to determine impact to clients' needs
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 1-3 years previous BA experience
• Good analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Experience with office productivity tools (e.g., Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and groupware applications (e.g., Microsoft SharePoint)
• Excellent client interaction skills in support of end users
• Experience working with Relational Database software (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server)
• Experience with unit and system testing sessions
• Experience with training
Skill Set/Years of Experience/Proficiency Level
Client Interaction and Communication
Lead User Acceptance Testing
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Skill Set/Years of Experience/Proficiency Level
Tableau or other reporting visualization tool
Business Process Management Software
Writing and interpreting SQL
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.