Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking a Business Analyst to join our team!
You will act as a liaison between the Business Function and technical delivery teams.
You will be expected to leverage your technical & functional expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing basic systems. It is not required that you be a programmer or systems analysts, but are “IT SAVVY” and are the functional expert within your field, such as in the financial, insurance, manufacturing, health services, life sciences, logistical etc.
You will have the business knowledge and perspective of a particular business and the IT needs of that business unit.
Acting as a liaison representing your department by gathering business specifications and requirements. You will be the primary contact.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Determine operational needs by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats, design new computer programs by reviewing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
• Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
• Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
• Defining project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
• Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
• Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
• Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation and provide training to users.
• Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
• Responsible for preparing technical reports by collecting, reviewing, and summarizing information and trends. Prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses
• Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared.
• Review information processing or computation needs and plan and design computer systems, using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling and information engineering
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A minimum of 2 years relevant Business Analyst experience.
• 2-4+ years of management consulting, advisory or professional services consulting experience.
• Experience gathering business requirements, gap analysis, process flows, road mapping, solution design.
• Ability to establish immediate credibility with clients, internal stake holders & leaders.
• Proven ability to build consensus and achieve goals through influence and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work under tight deadlines.
• High attention to detail through proofing, follow through and scheduling.
• Thrives in a dynamic work environment balancing priorities for efficient workflow.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
• Creative thinking and ability to seek innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems.
• A team player that is able to put the project or team success before their own, while also developing other members of team.
• High integrity, follow through and detailed orientated.
• Adeptness to work collaboratively on a team as well as independently.
Education: Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or a related field.
*Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $55,500K-$70K
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company.
CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- Business Analysis
- Requirements Analysis
- Training Delivery
- User Acceptance Testing
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.