Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. At CGI-Burlington, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. As digital transformation continues to accelerate in the New England area, CGI-Burlington is at the center of this change supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of creating an organization focused on delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
CGI has an immediate need for a hands-on Solution Architect – MacOS to join our Banking and Financial Services (BFS) team. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the Banking & Financial Services industry. We take an innovative approach supporting our clients, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies. Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
CGI is seeking an individual who is looking for a meaningful and rewarding opportunity to help change and influence the next generation of experience for Investing & Trading platforms. As a member of the architecture team, you will take part in a completely new integrated experience platform. You will work with architecture and application teams to help champion innovation, drive standardization and deliver on new technology patterns across the stack for our customers use. You will drive product roadmap evolution in conjunction with product goals and provide leadership in computing services, adoption of platforms and consolidation across team's initiatives.
You will be embedded in a squad and work directly with its members to prioritize and handle what needs to be done and in what sequence. You will coordinate closely with your squad leader and colleagues across the enterprise to stay aligned on business goals and make sure your squad is progressing and delivering against the priorities.
As a Technical Solution Architect you will be responsible for the creation of the next generation software components on one of the largest high volume FinTech stages in the world that are used by retail investment customers. This individual will work closely with business sponsors, project managers, engineers and other architects to analyze / recommend changes in project development policies, procedures, standards and strategies. This role owns the end-to-end architecture and own the outcomes associated to building highly available experiences.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
12+ years of experience in Architecture or as a Technical Lead or equivalent experience.
• Providing technical leadership and hands on day-to-day solutions to agile teams, preparing the design artifacts and implementation of solutions.
• Analyzing business direction and problems, understand long-term vision and risk in developing strategic technical solutions.
• Working closely with Product/Application teams in technology evaluation, selection, recommendation and configuration.
• Building and leading positive relationships with product managers, architects and technical leads for individual products and applications.
• Proven experience to drive solutions architecture design, ownership, and articulate architecture solution options to the product owners and architecture leadership.
• Deep knowledge of APIs, UIs, infrastructure, data architecture, security, and new technologies.
• Proven knowledge of the agile development process and DevOps practices.
• Engagement with Project Teams to deliver features, drive issue resolution, wellness plans, and product roadmaps.
• Ability to work both independently and with all levels of the organization, including technical and non-technical team members.
• Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of internet, mobile, and application architecture, as well as current and emerging technologies.
• Ability to identify integration patterns and points between various design areas and should be able to track the implementation of integrations.
• Participated in hands-on capacity conducting Proof Concepts of various technical options and provide pros and cons to the leadership team.
• Estimating the efforts and create the required roadmaps coordinating with leadership team.
• 10+ years of experience in software engineering.
• Understanding of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines for macOS, iPadOS, and iOS.
• 5+ years of AppKit macOS UI development
• 5+ years of iOS app development using Objective-C and 3+ years of app development using Swift
• Familiar with SwiftUI and Apple’s cross-platform development
• Strong knowledge of Objective C, Swift, UIKit, AppKit, and Xcode. C/C++ knowledge a plus.
• Experience architecting, developing, delivering, and maintaining desktop and mobile software applications using Apple echo system.
• Good understanding of design patterns, such as Clean Architecture, Redux, and MVP/MVC
• Experience consuming RESTful, JSON APIs and web sockets
• Passion for writing readable, maintainable and well-tested code
• Strong desire to experiment and work with the latest Apple, AWS, and Android technologies
• Good understanding of the full mobile development life cycle. Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
• Experience with DevOps, Automated Testing and Continuous Delivery
• Experience or certification in Cloud-based (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc...) Architecture is beneficial
• Exposure to Agile development methodology is desired
• Contribution to open-source community would be beneficial
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or architecture concepts and principles
• Collaborating with peer architects finding opportunities to refactor business processes, improve customer experience or perform capability rationalization.
• Contributing to the development of digital architecture blueprint by monitoring industry and technology trends and directions.
• Ensuring technology decisions align with architecture standards and strategies.
• Evaluating and recommending technology and frameworks for flexibility, long-term viability, and time to market.
• Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Westlake, TX OR Smithfield, RI OR Durham, NC OR Boston, MA OR Merrimack, NH
- Solutions Architecture
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.