The best version of us starts with YOU.
CGI is hiring a Solution Architect to join our dynamic team. You will work closely with our business teams across all regions to understand their specific needs from both tactical and strategic perspective, collaborate with other IT groups as well as team members to figure out, recommend and implement scalable & robust solutions
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for designing and implementing short and long-term strategic goals for managing and maintaining systems and software
• Provide expertise and architectural assistance to other IT personnel
• IT architecture, infrastructure, and cloud development
• DevOps and CI/CD setup
• Works with the Offeror’s and the State’s Project Manager and teams to identify, project, coordinate, and implement system’s technical related tasks, risks, issues, time estimates, and all other relevant Project activities through completion of the Project in all areas of the Offeror’s solution functionality
• Manage design, development, testing and deployment of system interfaces, data conversions, workflows and other custom objects (RICEF-W)
• Leads the Offeror’s efforts in all technical areas of the Solution
• Manages the overall quality and timeliness of deliverables in the impacted technical areas
• Serves as an expert resource to mitigate or resolve Project issues and risks
• Manage technical team resources including technical architecture, database administration and infrastructure management supporting the Project
• Plan for and manage Performance Testing activities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience using Microsoft Azure.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in developing cloud architecture and adoption strategy for Azure.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in developing/maintaining IT systems in a hybrid mode (Azure cloud and on-premise system).
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in developing/maintaining Azure cloud native IT systems OR in migrating existing .NET application to Azure.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery in Azure. Minimum of 2 years of experience in Azure Technologies (e.g. Azure function, Azure Batch/Web Jobs, Service Fabric, Service Bus, Key Vault).
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with VSTS Online. Minimum of 10 years of experience in developing/maintaining IT systems using Microsoft .NET 2.0 and above (C# preferred).
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in Relational database technologies (MS SQL (preferred) or Oracle).
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in architecting IT systems using Microsoft .NET 2.0 and above (C# preferred).
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading teams through multiple stages of software development (from system analysis to deployment).
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Microservice Architecture.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Test Driven Development and test automation.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Agile Development Methodologies using TFS.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience with .NET CORE 1.0/2.0 using C#.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience using ORM Tools (Entity Framework (preferred) or equivalent).
• Total IT experience: 15 Years
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Minimum of 2 years of experience using Angular 2.0 or above with TypeScript, Bootstrap, Jasmine, Karma (or other Angular testing framework).
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.