Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
The role of the Performance Engineering Specialist is to manage Performance Engineering activities from initiation to post-implementation; there is a very heavy emphasis on delivery activities and root cause analysis of Performance Issues in this role.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Should be expert in Loadrunnner script development. Create & Review Non Functional Test Scripts using Loadrunner for Digital Web Portal, NativeApp and mobile apps.
• Root Cause analysis for Performance Issues is a must.
• Java heap dump analysis, garbage collection analysis, Thread Dump analysis
• Analyze hardware utilization, response times, and throughput characteristics
• Use diagnostic tools to isolate bottleneck areas in the code, or tune configuration and resource parameters to optimize performance and scalability
• Should be able to analyze logs to identify issues.
• Analyze Scope including impact Analysis and create Test Plan.
• Executes Load Tests, Stress test, SOAK Test and Cross Browser Performance Tests.
• Analyze Results, compare against SLAs, Benchmarks and Provide tuning recommendations to improve End User Experience both for Digital Web Portal and NativeApp.
• Evaluate script failures, reports discrepancies and analyzes them to determine the root causes.
• Gathers and documents the outcome of test executions and all information needed to support ongoing measurements and reporting on risks, defects, tests, and coverage.
• Data requirement analysis, data creation and maintenance. Ensures that data is accurate, timely and objective.
• Create programs for file creation using sample data file as a template
• Coordinates with Development and Infra teams/peers on the resolution of issues, overseeing the testing progress and ensuring that high standards of quality are being met.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Exposure to APM tools (eg New Relic, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, etc)
• Software development experience is a plus (eg Java, SQL, C++/C#, etc)
• Basic database experience (eg Oracle, SQL Server, PostgeSQL). Analyze DB reports and Oracle AWRs
• Experience in working with websphere, weblogic, IBM IHS, apache httpd.
• Plus to have experience in working with NodeJS, IBM ISAM.
• University / College level degree in Computer Science or equivalent
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.