Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Do you love what you do? The best part of us, starts with you. CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal is looking for a senior level Confluent Kafka Software Developer with strong Confluent Kafka and CI/CD experience to support a leading healthcare customer. You will be part of a multi-functional agile scrum team. Your range of responsibilities will include research, design, development, T&E, modifications and documentation of enterprise grade solutions. Additionally you are encouraged to evaluate business features and determine the best approach for meeting the requirements using Kafka. We will rely on you to be involved in backlog refinement, planning of sprints, sprint reviews/demos as and meeting software compliance standards.
The candidate will perform multi-disciplinary technical tasks that require object-oriented, web and system design skills and will work closely with the development, architect and QA teams to ensure that the Confluent Kafka solutions meet the business and non-functional requirements. The candidate must have a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality products.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Are you ready to perform multi-disciplinary technical tasks that require object-oriented, web and system design skills and will ensure that the Kafka solutions meet the business and non-functional requirements. The candidate must have a dedication to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality products.
As a Java/Kafka developer, you should have an outstanding software development background and be able to facilitate, design, and develop technical solutions for new and existing Confluent Kafka based applications and processes. You will interact with Lead Developers, System Analysts, Business Users, Architects, Test Analysts, Project Managers and peer developers to analyze system requirements, design and develop software solutions and enhancements. Construct technical solutions and supporting work to enable our client to accomplish its business objectives, including the migration from coupled monoliths to a resilient, elastic, architecture determined by events.
Primary responsibilities are focused on the Analysis, Design, Development, and Testing of cutting edge solutions utilizing Confluent Kafka:
• Confluent Kafka API lifecycle development and management
• Define & Deploy API Governance & Monitoring processes.
• Unit test solutions to ensure they meet quality standards
• Ensure that solutions meet requirements outlined in the design documentation
• Perform all work to agreed time, cost and quality constraints
• Ensure that developed solutions are peer reviewed and formally documented
• Expertise with enterprise technologies including applications, storage platforms, database, network switching, and security infrastructure within a virtualized data center.
• Ability to use a broad portfolio of open-source technologies and cloud services
• Experience with automation/configuration management
• Ability to conduct performance testing (by Confluent Kafka standard methodologies); Including capability of tuning complex and high-traffic applications/systems
• Maintain and enhance Kafka architecture, design principles, CI/CD Deployment procedures
• Model system behaviors using standard methodology methods for communicating architecture and design.
• Ensure unit, system, integration, stress, and user acceptance testing are in alignment with architecture.
• Build comprehensive DevOps into the delivery architecture including: automated testing, continuous integration, branching and merging code streams, build generation, and deployments.
• Recommend tools and utilities for the design, development, testing, and management of web-based applications.
• Perform code reviews to ensure that code follows design and coding standards
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required or equivalent professional experience
• Confluent Kafka Developer Certifications ( Kafka acceptable)
• Proficient understanding of Confluent Kafka Architecture (Kafka acceptable)
• Proficiency in designing using Confluent Kafka Mule components including connectors ( Kafka acceptable)
• Experience Confluent Kafka development (v6 is preferred but v5 is acceptable), Confluent Kaka administration ( Kafka acceptable)
• Strong understanding and experience with security implementations (e.g. SSL/mutual SSL, SAML, oAuth).
• 5+ years overall experience with developing technical business solutions, preferred.
• 3+ years working with end-to-end design and development of services for Confluent Kafka preferably in Java (Confluent Kafka preferred but Kafka acceptable)
• 3+ years of event streaming, DDD, cloud-based systems development experience.
• Familiar with Confluent Kafka offerings
• Familiar with design patterns used with Confluent Kafka integrations (Confluent Kafka preferred but Kafka acceptable)
• Familiar with 3rd Party Confluent Kafka Connectors (Kafka acceptable)
• Experience with building streaming applications with Confluent Kafka ( Kafka acceptable).
• Development experience using relevant producers, consumers, and streams (Kafka acceptable).
• Solid understanding of Confluent Kafka Connect using schema registry in a high-volume environment (Kafka acceptable).
• History of hands on work with Kafka APIs and Security (SSL SASL Kerberos ACL).
• Experience working hands on with different ingestion patterns into Confluent Kafka including but not limited to:
• Database (Full & Incremental using readymade and custom connectors)
• Files (Full & Incremental using readymade and custom connectors)
• API dev (Bulk and transactional)
• Integration with external file systems and databases using Kafka connectors or 3rd party Kafka connectors
• Hands on experience with different consumption patterns from Confluent Kafka including but not limited to:
o 3+ years’ experience with Java, XML, JSON and Web Services both SOAP and REST
o Experience working with relational data bases such Oracle; Proficient in SQL
o Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
o Collaborative skills to work with others to ensure high quality, reliability, availability, and
performance of Confluent Kafka solutions.
o A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
o Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git/GitHub.
o Excellent conceptual and critical thinking capabilities.
o Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to take charge or play a supporting role.
o Ability to work & collaborate optimally in a team environment.
o Clear written and verbal communications skills.
o Critical problem solver and problem-solving skills.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.