We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
If you are an experienced Scrum Master in financial sector with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we have an exciting opportunity to further your career.
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic scrum master to join our team. The individual in this role would be responsible for overseeing software development team and working under the SAFe or Spotify methodology. You will have an opportunity to work with top Financial Services companies to develop solutions in an Agile environment.
• Help the team embrace agile values, adopt and apply agile principles and implement agile practices. Serve the team, including the Product Owner (PO)
• Help the team align and focus on Sprint and Program Increment (PI) Goals.
• Foster continuous improvement of performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow and velocity.
• Guide the team to remove impediments.
• Assess the Scrum maturity of the team and coach them to higher levels of maturity. Help the team improve and take responsibility for their actions.
• Help the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the product backlog and roadmap. Help the PO guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to scope, priorities and product quality.
• Facilitate Agile ceremonies
• Capture, monitor Metrics to inform the conversations with stakeholders
• 6-9 years of Software Development experience
• Minimum 6+ years of delivering Agile programs and acting as a Scrum Master
• Financial industry background is preferred
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM or SAFe SSM)
• Effective planning and facilitation skills
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.