Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
This position is for a quality automation engineer to work as a member of the Insurance Information Services (IIS) product engineering group in GTA-CPS (Commercial/Public Sector).
Working closely with the Product Development team, the incumbent will:
• Drive test automation and Devops pipeline integration of QE activities; implement test metrics culture to demonstrate continuous improvements.
• Manage testing life cycle through effective implementation of testing tools.
• Work closely with testing team to ensure test design and test coverage support the QE strategy for test automation and testing efficiency.
• Have a hands on approach to test planning, reviews and test automation.
• Provide stakeholders transparency on test automation delivery milestones and status.
• Mentor manual testers in transition to test engineer.
• Train BAs, Operations and other members supporting testing efforts on using available test automation.
City: Markham, ON
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design and execute implementation and evolution of test automation framework(s).
• Define test automation standard methodologies, standards and guidelines; provide oversight as appropriate.
• Develop test strategy, test plans and test cases, ensure traceability matrixes are complete and leverage automated testing frameworks to improve software quality and increase speed of delivery.
• Work closely with implementation teams to understand the product roadmap, features, user stories and acceptance criteria to develop test plans and test cases
• Work with automation developers to develop, maintain and execute automated system and regression test suites
• Create, maintain and report testing metrics including test status and defect reporting
• Build tools to support automated testing such as provisioning test environments and generating data
• Support and provide inputs to performance testing team to conduct appropriate load testing for the projects and to establish baselines.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Computer Science/IT or related IT discipline or equivalent experience
• 6-8 years of strong experience in working as QA Automation tester to perform all test activities including but not limited to Functional, System Integration, Performance and Regression
• 5-7 years of hands on experience on developing and executing automation test cases as a senior automation test engineer
• Ability to quickly understand the insurance industry and our related products.
• Should have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Hands on SQL experience with relational databases
• Strong working experience in test automation tools like Selenium, Katalon Studio, Cucumber BDD, Postman/SOAP UI for API testing
• Experience in RPA Automation/UI Path
• Exposure to Performance testing tools like Load Runner, JMeter or any other similar tools.
• Experience using Azure DevOps set of Quality Assurance tools.
• Experience with a CI (Continuous Integration) environment such as Git / Jenkins.
• Strong experience on TFS/Jira and other test management tools.
• Strong experience with test estimating efforts and familiarity with requirements traceability
• Strong experience in working with cross functional teams and able to work on multiple projects
• Understand the concept of shift left approach
• Operating Systems : Linux, Windows
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.