CGI is looking for a Java Developer to join our team in Chattanooga, TN.!
Candidate will work on a team of truly talented individuals and be responsible for the design, build, and testing (using automation scripts for unit/functional/integration testing) of IT applications and its components that interface with complex enterprise systems and external vendor systems.
Candidate must be a highly motivated, well-rounded, self-starter that works best in a collaborative, dynamic, agile environment. Excellent communication skills both written and oral are also essential as this position will interface with remote scrum teams, business owners, enterprise architects, security, infrastructure, and end users via email, phone, IM, desktop sharing, and wiki
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Analytical Skills: Candidate must be able to recognize the needs of customers and create simple solutions that answer those needs.
• Communication: Candidate must be able to clearly communicate their ideas to peers, stakeholders, and management.
• Creativity: Creativity is needed to help invent new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications as well as bringing experience from other industries.
• Customer-Service: If dealing directly with clients and customers, candidate would need good customer service skills and consultant mentality to answer questions and fix issues.
• Attention to Detail: Applications have many parts and all must work together for the application to function.
• Problem-Solving: As issues come up, candidate must be able to make decisions that move the project forward.
• Teamwork: Candidate must work well with others as part of a distributed agile (SAFe) team of developers, analysts, QA, and more.
• Technical Skills: Candidate must be adept in computer languages and have strong technical aptitude. Must have a solid knowledge with common design patterns should seek out opportunities to implement design patterns.
• Leverage existing open source frameworks, third party components/libraries, cloud and commercial software to develop robust enterprise solutions.
• Design and Develop Software applications , features and defect fixes
• Champion and practice Agile Principles
• Write Unit and Functional Test, Perform Code reviews and participate in Scrum meetings, Contribute to low level design of the features/ user stories.
• Analyze User Stories and Requirements and provide solution design
• Lead and Work closely with other scrum team members, Product Manager and Business Analyst to collaborate, review and deliver high quality software applications.
• Have a mindset for best practices like Test Driven Development , code coverage and dev-Ops
• Be able to evaluate performance of applications and deliver solutions which are efficient and performant.
• Enable a 360 degree view of customer-centric information through integration of a multitude of internal/external systems, mobile apps, devices, and data marts.
• Support and enhance existing applications used by consumers as well as operations staff.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Developer should be very familiar with advanced concepts and have relevant, hands-on experience in many of the following areas to be a successful contributor on the team:
• 4+ years of hands on Experience on Java.
• Java ,Struts Framework
• Service Oriented Architecture (SOA, Web Services, REST API )
• XML , XLST , XPath Programming
• Build and Deploy tools like Git , Maven , Jenkins
• Database development & tuning (PL/SQL/XQuery)
• Application Performance (threading, indexing, clustering, caching)
• Strong Computer Science Fundamentals, Knowledge of data structures and big O notation
• Unit Testing and Performance Tuning Application
• Protocols like TCP/IP. HTTPS and HTTP.
Nice to have
• Healthcare insurance domain knowledge
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.