This is a great opportunity to become a member of CGI’s Development Team. Our team works with world class clients bringing ideas and concepts into life.
Our design and build process is user experience focused and takes advantages of the latest technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead delivery teams which develop new custom applications or enhances existing applications, and provides system integration services, in an integrated multi-vendor environment
• Assist Project Manager in the planning and estimation of project deliverables
• Plan, direct and coordinate daily activities with the team members
• Contribute to the development of standards and processes
• Lead technical design
• Supervise the progress of development activities
• Perform code reviews
• Support the team in troubleshooting technical issues
• Analyze performance and implement improvements
• Enforce coding standards and best practices
• Assist project manager with adhering to project deadlines and schedules
• Participate in on the job training
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Comparable Disciplines
• A least 3+ years’ experience in Applications Development as a Team Lead or a Developer (willing to train up as a Team Lead)
• Strong verbal and written English Communication for client and vendor facing interactions
• A hands on leader (able to code, able to dig deep)
• Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to facilitate technical sessions
• Can communicate in both technical and business terms
• Solid experience in technology implementation: Java / JEE , Web Services, DB2 / SQL and best practices
• Masters concepts and standards of the software industry such as object-oriented design , design patterns , modeling languages (UML, etc. ) and some communication protocols (SOAP, REST , etc.)
• Experience with development life cycle including:
o Source control (git, CVS, Subversion , etc.)
o Build scripts ( gradle, Ant , etc.)
o Development of unit tests ( JUnit , TDD, etc.)
• Knowledge of XML , XSLT , XML Schema and JSON
• Experience working with a third party server environments: WebLogic (an asset), Websphere, JBOSS, Tomcat
• Programming experience with Oracle PL / SQL (an asset)
• Previous experience in telecommunications a plus
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, applications and systems
• Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to manage a geographically distributed development teams
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.